FG Spreadshirt Swag

LIGHT effect ignores conditionals

Is it intended that the LIGHT effect ignores conditionals?
    It seems like it uses EffectManager.getEffectsByType rather than the ruleset versions.
    I notice this especially because of how reliant Aura Effects is on conditionals.

Light effects do not support conditionals by design. Conditional behaviors get more complicated for effects that are checked outside of roll triggered effect checks.

While I'm sure that it could be implemented given time to code and make sure that the performance is acceptable, it's not on our list to look at right now.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Light effects do not support conditionals by design. Conditional behaviors get more complicated for effects that are checked outside of roll triggered effect checks.

While I'm sure that it could be implemented given time to code and make sure that the performance is acceptable, it's not on our list to look at right now.

Regards,
    JPG
    To better understand what will actually happen - if I have something like:

Radiation; (C); LIGHT: 30 32CD32; AURA: 30 all; Radiation; IF: !DYING; SAVEA: [SDC] CON; SAVES: [SDC] CON; SAVEDMG: 4d10 necrotic; EXHAUSTION: 1; LIGHT: 5 32CD32; ' apply to NPC

The first light is outside of the conditional so I assume will directly apply. The second light is actually applied to another CT entry that fits the AURA criteria and is given a light if it fits that criteria which include a conditional.

How will the effect lighting be applied here?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Lights are applied independently of conditionals.

Thanks,
    JPG

The question would be better framed as "what happens when a character has two light effects on them?"
    I think it's effectively just the larger radius that will be visible.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    The question would be better framed as "what happens when a character has two light effects on them?"
    I think it's effectively just the larger radius that will be visible.
    He answered it for me in a way I can figure out the results. The CT entry with the effect will get both LIGHT effects applied (always) and the aura copied text effect to the relevant CT entry(s) will have the single LIGHT applied if the text gets put in that effect line. In essence, if the LIGHT appears in the effect string it will be applied no matter what. Now I'm not sure if that AURA applied effect will have the LIGHT actually in that string - so it may actually work as that FROMAURA parsing is before the effect actually gets put out there.

Which means, my radiation will work "mostly". Unless multiple LIGHT definitions in an effect equate to last one wins or something.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 21st, 2023 at 04:12.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Unless multiple LIGHT definitions in an effect equate to last one wins or something.
    Hence my reframed question.

Thread Information