FG Spreadshirt Swag

NPC vs NPC Dice Rolls And "Players Roll Saves" Option

I forget if I've mentioned this before, but it came up during yesterday's game: If the "Players Roll Saves" option is enabled, and an NPC targets another NPC with an ability that requires a saving throw (i.e. the GM controls both characters), it will still add a PCROLL effect to the NPC rather than rolling the save; you then have to manually go to the NPC and roll the save. This will also happen if the GM targets a PC's ability at an NPC - for example say the GM is taking control of a PC who has stepped out for a moment or wants to target a hidden creature with a PC's ability. Obviously this is somewhat less than ideal; could the Players Roll Saves option check to make sure the target of the ability is actually a player? Currently it seems to just check if the ability is being triggered by the GM, regardless of who the target is.

The design methodology for PCROLL makes the assumption that the GM is targeting player controlled characters - be they PCs or NPC records shared with them. If the GM has enabled PCROLL functionality and doesn't want an individual saving throw to use that, then they can hold the ALT key before activating the save action.

I'll investigate the possibility of a campaign option to not use this for all NPC, which can be set by the GM.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I did not know about holding ALT; I will try to remember that next time it comes up. It would be convenient to have it be based on the target's faction (or at least assume that a target with the "hostile" faction is controlled by the GM, since it's hard to imagine when that wouldn't be the case), but admittedly it doesn't come up super often.

Thanks for the information!

Good idea regarding factions!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information