STAR TREK 2d20

Damage Type Effect

I have a player with an Order of Scribes wizard. They have a feature (Awakened Spellbook I think) that lets them change the damage type of a spell. I tried giving them a few Effect buttons that applied DMGTYPE: {{ damage type}}, but this only adds the damage type, it doesn't change it. For instance, DMGTYPE: acid would cause fireball to do both fire and acid damage which doesn't really help in overcoming resistances or immunities.

I know we could just create different damage type damage rolls for his spells, but I was wondering if there's another way to approach this. Is there a way to remove a damage type or is there another effect that will change the type entirely?

Thanks in advance.

There's not a way to change the damage type with the 5E standard effects, only add to the existing type. You could start with no damage type on the spell damage entry and then add the relevant DMGTYPE effect before rolling.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh starting with no damage type is a nice simple idea. I think that will work nicely.

Thanks!

Thread Information