5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Resizing tokens

Resizing tokens

Can you resize tokens? If so, how is this done. I don't seem to remember.

drag the token into the combat tracker from a map.
    Then in the combat tracker hover over the little picture of the the token. The if you have a mouse wheel wheel him up bigger or smaller.
    If you don't have a mouse wheel, sell your windows 95 machine and get with the picture. Just kidding, I don't know what you use if you don't have a wheeled mouse, some key combination.

-D

O.K., I opened the combat tracker and dragged a token into it. However, the token simply vanishes when I do this.

Am I doing something wrong?

Are you dragging it to the circle icon right before the Name on the row?

Yes, I can drag the token into the circle icon and it stays there. But I can't resize it there, or even if I pull it back out and put in on the map.

Does a player need to be connected--that is to say, can only active player tokens be resized?

Now I can resize them manually with an editor, but I'm a little confused as to why I can't do it on the fly (yes, I do have a 3 button mouse with a wheel).

OK lets make sure we are doing this right:

1) Drag token into combat tracker.
    2) Drag an instance of that token onto an image.
    3) Use the mousewheel over the token in the combat tracker.

You don't get a little number bubble above the token in the combat tracker when you do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Silas1066
    Does a player need to be connected--that is to say, can only active player tokens be resized?
    Nope, any token linked to a tracker entry can be resized.

sometimes when I drag the token to the combat tracker from the map the token ends up under the combat tracker off the map, look under the combat tracker for the token that is linked.

-D

Just a tought,.. are you using the basic ruleset that comes with FGII or a custom ruleset?
    Always keep it in perspective!

I drag the token into the combat counter, where it sticks. I then drag it into a map from the images directory. I never get a bubble that indicates I can resize the token.

If I spin the wheel on the mouse, it simply rotates the token.

This happens in the standard d20 ruleset, and the Castles and Crusades ruleset.

*if all else fails, I can resize the tokens manually using an editor.

Thread Information