DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Sunday Afternoon: Indie RPG/Storygame Group

I'm interested in starting a weekly or bi-weekly group that explores the non-d20, rules-lite, story-heavy side of our hobby. This might include diceless systems, no-GM systems, multiple GM/single player systems, etc.

Story Games are defined as roleplaying games that focus on our story rather than my character. Many of them utilize techniques drawn from improvisational theatre, creative writing, storytelling and filmmaking. The techniques learned in these games can be invaluable in developing your skills as a GM & player.

Games might include:

Spirit of the Century/FATE
    Universalis
    Agon
    My Life with Master
    Dogs in the Vinyard
    Mythic
    Primetime Adventures

Many of these games lend themselves to single-session play. Others we might revisit on a semi-regular basis. Some might develop into longterm campaigns.

Players should be open-minded to unfamiliar systems and alternative concepts of roleplaying games.

I'd be down. I haven't done much rping in a while and I don't know the software real well. I am a decent writer, though. I have a fertile and unusual imagination. I am more interested in off beat rules and settings than in the conventional. I dig the idea of story and character and world and all that. And I really like to read rulesets and settings. This seems a little bit perfect for me.

I am into the idea and would like to be a part of it if you decide to go forward. Let me know.

Also, wondering about the start time on Sundays. I'd be able to make it after 1:30 or 2:00 PM EST. Anything earlier would need some thought, but it's not impossible.

Thanks.

Excellent. Unusual and offbeat are great. I've been frequenting www.story-games.com and I suggest that forum for offbeat and unusual games and discussion about the same.

I'm thinking around 3pm Central, but we can tailor it to the circumstances of the participants.

If this equates to 2100 GMT, then I would be interested. However i'm away from the internet from mid January to mid April. So maybe a session before I go, Or I'll hook up with you when i get back?

MB

Previously: MurghBpurn

Quote Originally Posted by MurghBpurn
    If this equates to 2100 GMT, then I would be interested. However i'm away from the internet from mid January to mid April. So maybe a session before I go, Or I'll hook up with you when i get back?

MB
    I think you'll be fine as far as time is concerned. I'd love to have a session before you go on your techno-sabbatical.

Does anyone have any preferences to which game we should try first? I'm leaning toward AGON or My Life with Master.

It's all new ground to me....

Previously: MurghBpurn

I'm up for any and all of those suggested - and also Trollbabe and Cold City if you have them!

Heh! I am in as well there Flat; although depending on scheduling I may be a drop in not a regular.
    All things in life are questions of balance/or timing.

I'm down for whatever. I don't really know any of those games. I'll go take a look at them when I get a chance.

Also, that site and some of the others sort of affiliated with it are real interesting. Thanks.

As I mentioned on the FUM forum, I'm definitely interested and would be willing to share GM duties as well. I'm available 3 out of ~ every 4 Sundays.

However, I'm located at GMT+1 which puts 3pm at 10pm my time which is a tad late to start. Any chance we could start at 2pm CST? If so, that would allow me to participate from 9pm - 12am which is good for my schedule.

As far as games go, I'm familiar with and have:
    My Life with Master
    DitV
    Primetime Adventures
    Cold City
    Spirit of the Century
    The Princes' Kingdom
    Faery's Tale
    Burning Wheel
    Truth & Justice
    Esoterrorists
    Fear Itself