DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Linking question - again...

Ok I know there are rules about linking to WoTC products from forge products.

My question, are you allowed to link directly from a forge product to the SRD 5.1 module? If not, given the release of the SRD as CC can we now link to the SRD?

Jason

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking you might have to reach out to support directly to get an answer.

Though it does not address the XML side of the question which SmiteWorks has not released, here is a decent discussion of how to use the new 5.1 SRD with CC-BY-4.0. How to Use Creative Commons — Advanced 5E System Reference Document (a5esrd.com)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks LordEntrails for the link.

Is the SRD 5.1 now officially in the CC or is that happening at a later date?

If so, then the linked document by LordEntrails sounds like a great resource to follow. It would allow linking to anything within the SRD 5.1 module that ships with Fantasy Grounds as long as you include the necessary licensing verbiage.

Blog Entries
    5.1 SRD has been released under the CC-BY-4.0 license. (It happened a couple weeks ago).

edit: I did update the "On Licensing..." link in my signature with info about this. You can discuss there or here. In short my understanding is that commercialization doesn't change, because of the FG EULA, but non-commercial usage now allows simpler releasing under CC-BY-4.0 for SRD content (no share alike requirements like the OGL has) and the FG EULA does (generally) not restrict NC distribution.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; February 15th, 2023 at 20:12.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information