5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Correct coding for bomb weapons

What effect would I need to add to bomb, projectile weapons, so that those affected make a check?

I have an extension that allows me to add effects to items, but don't know what to put to get this effect;

Each creature within 5 feet of the explosion point must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw or be blinded and deafened until the end of their next turn.

Appreciate any help

Blog Entries
    Without an extension, FG doesn't calculate range to targets. So it won't know what tokens are within the AoE. You need to target them manually.
    For an NPC, you can see the wiki 5E Effects for Advanced Automation - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net) for the text string that a ranged power uses to make DC saves (vs attack rolls) and then apply conditions on fails. That page has other powers for PCs etc as well.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This helps loads, thanks!

If you are using an extension to add effects to an item then it's not going to matter what the wording is since the wording isn't going to be parsed. You'll be creating the effects in the item just as you would create them in the actions tab. In this case you want a save effect and an apply condition effect.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah, been poking around and getting myself all kinds of confused with it all.

These bombs are a new idea I'm trying out, so not yet common enough to worry about too much - might not need to code anything in.

Blog Entries
    Really, a bomb is no different than a fireball scroll right? You just have to decide if you want the action tied to the item (and therefore an extension) or if you want to just set it up like a spell scroll and detemrine how you are going to track quantity (uses, ammo, etc)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Haven't poked at it in a while, but IIRC "B9's Spell Tokens Extension" ( https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/149/view ) provides a means to associate a spell token (not provided) with a spell, and then to target all tokens within its area with a click. With a 5' radius manually targeting should rarely be all that tedious unless you're dealing with a lot of Tiny combatants, though. For frequently triggered effects with a larger radius it might save you some work.

For a goofier approach using a free extension, creating a new "NPC" with an appropriate aura ( "Aura Effects", https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/32/view ) might serve. Hm, you'd want the "NPC" at the impact point with an initiative right after it was triggered, so that it'd force saves when its "turn" came up. Then remove the "NPC" once it's had its "turn". This sort of approach wouldn't allow instantanous application of the effect, though, which might be a problem if whomever is using the weapon has multiple attacks.

Ahhh, spell scrolls - you're right! I'll have go

Thread Information