5E Character Create Playlist

Feedback on recent update volume (Feb-2023)

Just wanted to get out this short feedback on the recent volume of updates in TEST.

From LIVE to TEST we currently have the following amount of changes (per git)
    CoreRPG: 8200 changes
    3.5E: 3400 changes

Extensions often support more than one ruleset.

Many of those are getDatabaseNode -> DB changes, which might be neccessary in the future or not...

Nevertheless, I politely ask to keep the number of changes in a mangeable size for community devs. A small volume in a short timeframe is imho easier to handle/look over instead of a large volume in a long timeframe.

The majority of the changes are related to the databasenode -> DB change over. Given that both systems are still in place and working exactly the same as before, these changes should be able to be ignored for now.

As I mentioned in the other thread related to this discussion, once the beta testing is complete, I will be assessing the potential speed improvements of simplifying the databasenode objects. If the speed improvement is noticeable enough, I will begin the process of preparing the community for the change long-term. If not, then I may leave the current methods indefinitely, or at least make the turnaround much longer. Even if the results were clearly much better, I would be looking at 6 month cycle for phasing over.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information