DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Cypher System Request for Abilities Library

@darrenan / @Moon Wizard

How hard would it be to add an Abilities library and make the abilities drag-n-droppable to the Character Sheet tab?

I know at least a couple of us Cypher players are itching to make a CSRD module that includes all the abilities in that document to aid in character creation.
    --
    I'm so bassic

See the attached extension as a proof of concept. Copy this to your <FG app data>\extensions directory, restart FGU and enable the "Feature: Cypher System Ability Records" extension.

This extension:
    • Adds an abilities button to the Campaign sidebar - this uses a sidebar graphic taken from the CoreRPG "skills" record.
    • Allows the ability records from the campaign Abilities list to be dropped into the Abilities section of the PC sheet Actions tab.
    • Abilities from the PC sheet action tab can be dragged to the Campaign abilities list to create a copy.
    • Allows the campaign abilities to be exported into a module

This is a good example to get you going. It should provide a framework to allow expanding alongside abilities to add other record types if you want to do that. I've added some comments to help understand what's in this extension.

This highlights a few steps within the standard FG CoreRPG layered ruleset code:
    1. How to add a new data record definition - including where the data is stored, if it can be exported, what windowclass the data uses by default (in this case it already existed within the ruleset), etc..
    2. How to add a custom graphic and name to the new sidebar data button - using string and "icon" definitions.
    3. How to "merge" changes to an existing FG windowlist control to add support for dropping data.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 9th, 2023 at 10:55.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So, you're saying it's not hard. lol.

Thanks, Trenloe. My question was a bit tongue-in-cheek as I knew it wasn't difficult. Mostly, I'm just hoping it can be officially added to the base Cypher ruleset so an extension isn't required.
    This, however, will at least give me something to be able to get started on the data entry. Thanks, again, for your work!
    --
    I'm so bassic

As has been posted in other threads, we had reached out several times to MCG over a couple years to do something official when Numenera came out, but they were not interested at the time. So, we moved on to other systems and projects.

If someone wants to update the ruleset and core material to support the system within the guidelines that MCG allows legally, I'd be more than happy to incorporate. I have not looked at this in years, due to the lack of interest expressed before.

Regards,
    JPG

They have announced with the OGL fuss and the new ORC license they maybe looking into a character creator. So they might be interested now in more digital support. Monte has always been wierdly non-supportive of generators and tools everytime I have talked to him about PCGen.

They recently had a poll for vtt's which may mean they're starting to come around. It may be a good time to try again with them!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...r_Sidebars.ext

I did this on Ruleset Wizard. It's an ext that puts a Descriptor, Flavor, and Focus buttons on the sidebar. They're purely text boxes and I don't know how to make them drag and drop onto the character sheet so they don't do that. But I found it's easier than looking through the pdf or book for the info.

does this mean anything as far as fantasygrounds is concerned? will this mean FGU may possibly have more cypher system content?

https://www.montecookgames.com/annou...-open-license/

This is out current status on that publisher as noted earlier in this thread:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post677496

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information