FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Sw5e

Sw5e

Per discussion with Pico - I'm just creating a new thread for this. I spent more than 100 hours working on this port of SW5E to FGU with data supporting the Generic Actions, BCEG, AURA, and Equipped Effects extension for the latest (as of 1/15/2023) SW5E PHB. Its the stuff I use in my ongoing campaign with my players and I share in the spirit of SW5E with NO PLANS TO SUPPORT THIS FOR ANYONE BUT ME. However, you can use it, mangle it, do whatever you want with it. This page 1 will have my current campaign's version of the data. THIS IS NOT IN FORGE. I will add a video on how to create a campaign with this at some point and add it in this thread. Using Character Wizard can get you a start on a character but you will really need to revisit the class/background/race for legit equipment/money/spells - really all the class description page should be checked (especially any chart) .

SW5E FGU Data

One must know how to use Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) 5E ruleset already to really be able to put this module to use. The data differs from typical FGU 5E data in the respect that there are no spell slots in this game. But because FGU 5E requires them to be defined to process spell data (which we use for forcecasting, techcasting, and other tracking of points as described in those features) we have to put dummy numbers in each of the spell slots when they appear. I just put the point total in each one across the board so there are no issues with spell level processing when a PC or NPC has them in their sheets. Any conflicting names (in same DB space only) will have unique names which should be the only point of difference with the SW5E PHB text. No spells used to define actions will take into account any leveling and increase of dice etc. - that must be done by players as they level. The term "enhanced" confused me in the context it is applied (not quite like magic in 5E) so the data does not deal with it, just the specifics of what is enhanced in terms of properties. Keep in mind where things cannot be defined exactly I'm more about consistent application than letter of the law in pdf. Feats and spells are crosslinked to each other so that those without Equipped Effects extension (EE) can more easily access them manually. Some spells have nothing defined and are only there so that something can show up in actions for the sheet (purely for reminder it exists). Some spells will need to be manually edited to tailor to the PC action so treat any spell atk/save/dmg/effect as a best first guess where you have to apply any level or other specifics you may have that alters it. For instance [HINT] is half intelligence bonus for an effect which you will have to make 1 if it comes out less than one (blank). In order to get character wizard to show spell button and spells, the spellcasting feature had to be added to any class level that had forcecasting (all force spell sources had to have classes that use them also added) or techcasting (all tech spell sources had to have classes that use them also added).

This SW5e.mod began with Beegrinder\pico's (from FGU forums) version using the token/image resources he had, but the data has since been completely redone. The data is now based on the latest SW5E PHB as of 1/15/2023 and has data support for extensions I use. This data was specifically designed to work by itself, but the true intention was to configure it as best I can with data useful to Generic Actions, Equipped Effects, Aura, and BCEG extensions which I use in my own games. This is all being updated as I play out my campaign to add things in I want. Currently, the PHB data is defined in this module along with some of the websites expanded content (EC) and outright made up data that we have decided to use in our campaign. As other EC data or made up data gets added into our game I will add that into the SW5E.mod also (unless it strays into Star Wars proprietary naming etc.). The starship combat rules in our campaign is all made up by me and in a separate module listed below.

USE ALL THIS DATA AT OWN RISK - I'm sharing this in the sprit of SW5E but by no means plan to support it. You can modify it for your own games/preferences as I plan on continue doing.

SW5e.ext (FGU extension)

Put this in your FGU extensions directory and select "SW5e" extension when you load your campaign. This has some common data overrides from FGU at the time this was created (common file included in the .ext zip file). All 5e common data was preserved even if not technically used in SW5E (i.e. it can be if you want).

SW5e_skills.mod (FGU module)

Put this in your FGU modules directory and load the module when you get into your campaign - players should also. This contains skill data that is specific to SW5E.

SW5e.mod (FGU module)

Put this in your FGU modules directory and load the module when you get into your campaign - players should also. This contains all the data to play SW5E for myself and my players. Your reading a story in this one.

SRs_SW5e_Starships.mod (FGU module)

[optional my own made up stuff]

Put this in your FGU modules directory and load the module when you get into your campaign - players should also. This contains NPC ship data and rules for use that is specific to my campaigns.

Remember: EXTENSIONS = RISK!

[This has the SR seal of quality... "Good Enough"]

If not here in the forums you can find me usually the Grim Press discord: https://discord.gg/N7MM93a - where I can tell you "No" to any requests... my favorite answer

KEEP AN EYE FOR FILE UPDATES HERE - I WILL NOT BE ANNOUNCING THEM JUST UPDATING THEM

Files now updated in drop box link in next post. These are constantly updated so if you want to keep an old set that's on you. I use a lot of extensions and this SW5E data is tailored to those.

Last edited by SilentRuin; January 30th, 2024 at 20:21.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I've put these two campaign zip files used to build SW5E.mod and SRs_SW5e_Starships.mod so that people can use this as a base to build their own stuff (Obviously you may not have the links to my image for /export but you can figure out your own thing if you export a module of your own)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/21nta...z39ock2avjj7tk
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 9th, 2023 at 15:36.

Thank you!! Are you planning to upload it in Forge as well?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tan0 View Post
    Thank you!! Are you planning to upload it in Forge as well?
    Thanks
    I am not. Forge implies I'll support it. This is what I use in my ongoing campaign and will continue to update it here. But if I dump it in forge then it becomes and official "thing" that is expected to work. Plus they never provided a way to disable the donate button and I have no intention of taking money for this to cloud any copyright stuff - though based on how SW5E wrote their stuff that is highly unlikely. Still, no plans to stick it on forge currently. Pico has one from way back already on there and it would just cause confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I am not. Forge implies I'll support it. This is what I use in my ongoing campaign and will continue to update it here. But if I dump it in forge then it becomes and official "thing" that is expected to work. Plus they never provided a way to disable the donate button and I have no intention of taking money for this to cloud any copyright stuff - though based on how SW5E wrote their stuff that is highly unlikely. Still, no plans to stick it on forge currently. Pico has one from way back already on there and it would just cause confusion.
    Understood. I saw Pico has one but last update is one year old and since you mentioned him I tought your update was intended to be a replacement.
    Thanks for the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Tan0 View Post
    Understood. I saw Pico has one but last update is one year old and since you mentioned him I tought your update was intended to be a replacement.
    Thanks for the answer!
    I replaced that one a year ago with another version - this one is even different from that (fully implemented on latest 1/15/2023 SW5E PHB manual). Plus the fully implemented powers (head start for actions tab entry to edit or use as is) and making classes work with Character wizard to some degree.

Why this does not reference that other thread - just confusing on all the versions. This is where I will maintain my version.

A note - if you don't build your characters based on the class text and drag drop old fashioned way - but instead use Character Wizard - realize you will need to have the class sheet and its chart up to see any number limitations (tech, force, equipment limitations) when you select them. Even then you should revisit the class sheet after you create or update the level of your character just to be on the safe side.

Hopefully, updates will become less as time goes on but for now - as I find stuff (most recent Expertise had to get 3 unique entries - Operative = Expertise, Scholar = Expertise (Scholar), and Scout = Expertise (Scout) since they had the same name which I had missed initially.

Thread Information