DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Sight and FGU coding

I'm not seeing sight coding in the tracker for say Lowlight or Infrared (IR), or UV... I've tried dropping objects on the tracker. Does Cyberpunk have sight/lighting coding for each character like 5e does for example? My char has the smart glasses, so I'm not sure if it works with active cyberware or not.

For that matter, I don't see much talk about coding effects for Cyberpunk rules at all... I have several resources covering 5e ruleset. I'm spending another round of searching today. 8^)

You can find details of vision types here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Vision+on+Maps

As far as I know these are the only vision possibilities. THe wiki pages for Cyberpunk can be found here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia.../Cyberpunk+RED
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

yup, that's all I found too... the Vision page is for fantasy rulesets only it looks like. That was from Sep '22 but I'm gonna experiment with that and some lighting options.

thanks!

If the character has the low light/uv cyberware, it should work properly on maps. I just double checked the code, and it appears that we have 2 types of vision defined. (I'll add these to my todo list to add to the confluence effects page)

VISION: lowlightvision
    VISION: infared

Looks like how we implemented it at the gear/cyberware parsing level isn't great, so I'll also add to my todo list to clean that up so it can fit the effects structure better. In the meantime, you can use the string "no penalties to darkness" in the effect slot of gear or cyberware to get the low light vision effect, or attach one of the above two effects to the combat tracker.

Nice!!! Thanks. I can use that! 8^)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstride View Post
    If the character has the low light/uv cyberware, it should work properly on maps. I just double checked the code, and it appears that we have 2 types of vision defined. (I'll add these to my todo list to add to the confluence effects page)

VISION: lowlightvision
    VISION: infared

Looks like how we implemented it at the gear/cyberware parsing level isn't great, so I'll also add to my todo list to clean that up so it can fit the effects structure better. In the meantime, you can use the string "no penalties to darkness" in the effect slot of gear or cyberware to get the low light vision effect, or attach one of the above two effects to the combat tracker.
    According to JGray, you don't get just lowlight, UV, or IR with the cybereye option, you always get all three with the difference being fluff/flavor.

According to JGray, you don't get just lowlight, UV, or IR with the cybereye option, you always get all three with the difference being fluff/flavor.
    ///

I was expecting that, but in my current case, it's Smart goggles... so that's LL/IR/UV vision... If it's equipped maybe it works but the GM doesn't use Lighting ON on maps enough for me to test it much, so I had tried coding it but didn't have the verbiage right last time I tried it on a map he had up (FGU is so exacting!). I haven't had a chance to test out what Nightstride posted. )

From the perspective of fgu, the vision is essentially just a color overlay on the map when low light vision comes into play. The two above are the default dark vision overlay (if I remember what dark vision looks like) and a sort of red overlay. I'm not sure if fgu has a way to adjust colors at the effect level, but (and I might not be reading the documentation correctly) it doesn't look like you can. They seem to need to be defined at the ruleset level

That's what I'm finding as well...

Thread Information