DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    Thank you!

The latest build released today should have addressed the IP issue once and for all. It also adds Death Markers to the ruleset!

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    Thank you!

The latest build released today should have addressed the IP issue once and for all. It also adds Death Markers to the ruleset!
    I see that now! Jeeze.... If there is a way for you guys to be more on top of this entire project, I have no idea what it would be.

Testing this out for the first time, learning how to use not only the ruleset, but FG in general, and I think I stumbled over a bug in the Complete Package character creation.

While purchasing skills, I added a Play Instrument skill and an additional language, and it added 4 extra skill points to spend (available skill point total went up by 2 as I added each of them). I had to spend them to finish creating the character, and then edit skills after to remove the extra points.

Quote Originally Posted by velvetsanity View Post
    Testing this out for the first time, learning how to use not only the ruleset, but FG in general, and I think I stumbled over a bug in the Complete Package character creation.

While purchasing skills, I added a Play Instrument skill and an additional language, and it added 4 extra skill points to spend (available skill point total went up by 2 as I added each of them). I had to spend them to finish creating the character, and then edit skills after to remove the extra points.
    Hi there, thanks for the report!

I am not able to recreate it locally. Do you have specific steps, or are you able to recreate it again? Note that you get 1 language from your Cultural Origin, and that language is supposed to always be at 4 minimum to start. So when using the Character Wizard you should keep at least one of the "languages" in the Lifepath step. Then on the Skills step it prompts you for the language from that list that you want to be your starting language at 4. (Of course, you can allocate some of your points to that language as well.)

Aha, I see the issue, yes, adding a language does seem to increase that. Thanks for the find! I'll try to have a fix for tomorrow's build.

Good catch! I just submitted a fix for tomorrow's build, should be working as expected once that goes live tomorrow.

Be sure to check the fix against adding an instrument to Play Instrument as well, I think they each added 2 points? Or was it all 4 from the language?
    Last edited by velvetsanity; March 20th, 2023 at 19:00.

Be sure to check the fix against adding an instrument to Play Instrument as well, I think they each added 2 points? Or was it all 4 from the language?
    Looks like it was only the 4 from language, but good call out! What the code was doing (erroneously) was assuming other languages added were also cultural and giving 4 free points. The next release will do that only for the language added via the "Select Language" step. (So, it's important to make sure that that step is not skipped/ignored!)

The Language Bug in Character Wizard should be all fixed now with the latest live build, thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    The Language Bug in Character Wizard should be all fixed now with the latest live build, thanks again!
    Confirmed fixed, you guys are quick!

Thread Information