5E Character Create Playlist

Check For Updates not highlighting

Took a break from FG over the winter, loaded up for the first time in 3 months last week expecting a lot of updates but surprised to find that the Check For Updates box had no red highlight. Checked anyway but paid no attention to the download. Same today but paid a bit more attention and at least one purchase was updated so something's not linking up. Version is now v4.3.2, is that fully up to date?
    Alea iacta est

Blog Entries
    When you end up with a large number of items to check, the button doesn't work. It has to do with a timeout being reached and instead of holding up the launcher, it just stops checking. Or at least that is the explanation I remember being given by others.

edit: and yes, 4.3.2 is latest
    Last edited by LordEntrails; February 6th, 2023 at 16:33.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Geometer View Post
    Version is now v4.3.2, is that fully up to date?
    That's the most recent version, you can check in the City Hall forum: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...p?37-City-Hall
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Geometer View Post
    Took a break from FG over the winter, loaded up for the first time in 3 months last week expecting a lot of updates but surprised to find that the Check For Updates box had no red highlight. Checked anyway but paid no attention to the download. Same today but paid a bit more attention and at least one purchase was updated so something's not linking up. Version is now v4.3.2, is that fully up to date?
    If you subscribe to any FG Forge content, those will not trigger the update status. They will update regardless, if you update your client every so often.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    When you end up with a large number of items to check, the button doesn't work. It has to do with a timeout being reached and instead of holding up the launcher, it just stops checking. Or at least that is the explanation I remember being given by others.

edit: and yes, 4.3.2 is latest
    OK thanks. So will it reset automatically once the backlog's cleared or is there something I have to do?
    Alea iacta est

Once you have run it a couple of times, it should work as normal I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Once you have run it a couple of times, it should work as normal I believe.
    Yes, it's back now. Thanks.
    Alea iacta est

Thread Information