STAR TREK 2d20

help on conversion from FGC mod I created to FGU

OK, I created a mod that was essentially new Edges, new items, etc in FGC originally for SWD. It is basically just a compilation of some older SWD rules I converted over to SWADE rules. There was no hard coding, it just consists of the standard artifacts that can be created in the various sections.

It worked for a while. Now in FGU, I can't get it to work under SWD or SWADE. It also doesn't work in the version of FGC I still have so I assume an update changed something. Here's a screenshot of my error along with the line item it identified: Screenshot 2023-02-03 185431.jpg

Can anyone point out what I should do to fix this? I'm certain it means deleting something but I' m not savvy enough to know what needs to go (or otherwise be done).

Hi,

have you tried replacing that ampersand in the bitmap name to &

XML does not like & as a character.

You can also try renaming that file and see if that fixes your issue.

Of course what I have written relies on the error you have highlighted is correct. Sometimes the calculation of line and position are wrong because of control character lengths etc.

D
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

An ampersand is not a valid XML character by itself as it is a special code for XML to encode other information. In order to represent an actual ampersand, it needs to be written as "&".

In general, we also recommend that you do not use any characters within file names other than alphanumerics (a-z, A-Z, 0-9), dashes and underscores to avoid any challenges with encodings.

Regards,
    JPG

Victory! I just took out all my ampersands and renamed any related files with them... Thank you (as always) Moon Wizard and Ursa Teddy! That just saved me about two weeks' worth of compiled data entry...

Thread Information