DICE PACKS BUNDLE

NPC weapon ranges

I tried to search but did not find an answer.

How do I give NPCs weapon range increments? For example, the space goblin headhoncho has a junklaser. it is coded as

unstable junklaser +9 (1d4+2 F; critical burn 1d4)

is there a place I can enter "range:30" or whatever?

NOTE: I am using the "Starfinder Positional Modifiers" extension to apply range penalties automatically.

Thanks.

Hi,

when you got the junklaser out of an official "book" you can not edit it (as far as I know).

But, you can recreate it yourself by adding an item.
    It is a relatively straight forward process. You can even open the "original" junklaser for reference; and I think (not 100% sure) you can copy/past text from there to your version.
    There is an entry for range.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard203 View Post
    NOTE: I am using the "Starfinder Positional Modifiers" extension to apply range penalties automatically.
    I'd recommend asking in the extension support thread for that extension - as range isn't standard in NPC attack strings it may not be part of the extension's code.

Looking at the Forge page of the extension it says: "Currently only penalties for shooting beyond a weapon's 1st range increment as a player is supported."
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If you want the range in the attack for informational purposes, so you can calculate penalties manually, you can do something like:

unstable junklaser +9 (1d4+2 F; critical burn 1d4) range:30 feet

As long as anything you add is after the close bracket of the damage entry.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information