5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    I'm r/g color blind, so I love getting a list of 4 or 5 bold primary colors to make a pen out of.
    Investigating this further - looking at color blind friendly palettes from this website: https://davidmathlogic.com/colorblin...6100-%23FFB000

I took a screen grab of the IBM palette (attached) and put that in my <FG app data>\images directory - then I can add that into any of my images from Assets -> Images -> Data. This will allow me to use the color dropper from the "Pick Paint Color" control to select these colors for use in the paint layer.

Refer to this video to see how it works: https://www.dropbox.com/s/if7kr8geob...lette.mp4?dl=0

Obviously not as good as the ability to save your own favorites, but I think this is a useful workaround to allow repeated use of favorite colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Obviously not as good as the ability to save your own favorites, but I think this is a useful workaround to allow repeated use of favorite colors.
    Nice. I'm actually just making a template "whiteboard" map in a couple of sizes with 4 edge squares filled with my 4 colors. So, now I just grab it and drag to create a (Copy) version and go to town.

Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    Nice. I'm actually just making a template "whiteboard" map in a couple of sizes with 4 edge squares filled with my 4 colors. So, now I just grab it and drag to create a (Copy) version and go to town.
    That's great! If you put that image in the same place as I put the palette in my post above, you can then go to Assets -> Images -> Data and open the preview of the asset, then click the "Create Image Record" button to make a new image in FG using that asset as the base. This will allow you to use it in any of your campaigns quickly and easily.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Pico
    I got tired of being made fun of by my players so I bought a few of the Smiteworks art packs. It takes a bit of practice and sometimes the auto LOS is wonky but for just drawing a quick map it is great. you can set a stone floor as a brush and a stone wall as the other and it draws rooms really fast.

Here is an (interior only) stronghold I literally drew using SW brushed and assets. I started with a DD image of just a floor and four outer walls and in game we designed it.

stronghold.jpg

The building on the left is the barracks and we added that in game.

You can also use the masking and unmasking feature to create dungeon walls. Basically just mask the whole map and unmask hall and room areas. Works pretty well for a fast underground / indoor area.

@Pico

Ya, FGU has a fairly steep learning curve. I've been using it for several years and I still regularly find ways to use it that I wasn't aware of the day before.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    You can also use the masking and unmasking feature to create dungeon walls. Basically just mask the whole map and unmask hall and room areas. Works pretty well for a fast underground / indoor area.
    Thats what I do.

Thread Information