5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Subscriptions and Steam

So I'm thinking about picking up Fantasy Grounds (...again, I think) but due to some ongoing concerns regarding my hardware I'm thinking about purchasing it via Steam so recovery's relatively easy. However, I'm also looking at getting the Ultimate subscription so that if a player can't (or won't) buy a standard license they're still able to play.

I know you can activate a product on Steam after purchasing it from Smiteworks directly- is it possible to do so with the subscription service?

Quote Originally Posted by stormcaller3801 View Post
    I'm thinking about purchasing it via Steam so recovery's relatively easy.
    Not directly addressing your question, but maybe the base issue. what do you mean by recovery's relatively easy?

The application is exactly the same wherever you purchase it from. And Smiteworks have a very good refund policy - basically email [email protected] and they'll give you a refund in the first 30 days.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

All subscriptions are handled via PayPal and are only available to buy via the Smiteworks store. Not sure what your concerns are about recovery but if you are talking about re-installing it's just as easy via the store as it would be via Steam. I can't think of any particular benefits you would get with Steam over the store. All content wherever purchased comes direct from Smiteworks.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Relatively easy in that I would just need to reinstall Steam and then tell it to install FG, letting the program handle all DLC installs and so on without any additional input on my part.

Blog Entries
    FG re-installs any missing content every time you run an FG Update. And even if you use Steam, you still have to do the FG Update to get the DLC. Note, that campaigns are not backed up or stored, so when you re-install you will still need to have a backup to restore your campaigns and manage character data.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Steam actually complicates it - as you need to sync your Steam purchases into Fantasy Grounds. If you want streamlined installation and updates but from the Fantasy Grounds website.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there a way to purchase directly from the website using Canadian dollars? Or to have our already bought website purchases added to our steam owned library?
    I'm asking because the Steam prices are in Canadian, and cost much, much less in term of conversion charges.

You can buy the licenses via Steam, but not subscriptions since they go through PayPal. If you buy from the Store you can register the software with Steam via the 'Activate a Product on Steam' option in the Games menu. You don't need to register anything other than the license with Steam since all DLC is installed from the Smiteworks website.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    When you purchase through the FG store, it will always be in USD. The better conversation rate is actually due to Steam regional pricing, and is more than just a currency conversion, Steam (not SmiteWorks) gives discounts to many countries and/or regions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information