5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Ways to load chat history from previous sessions

Hi all!

My search-fu is losing its power!
    I couldn't find any indications on how to load chats from other sessions.

I know chats are saved, but don't know how to load them.

Can you tell how it is done?

You can not load chat output from previous sessions or from other sessions. However, chat output is saved to a file named chatlog.htm in each campaign folder for viewing in a browser.

Regards,
    JPG

May I ask why?
    It seems natural for me íf u can save, u can load...

We'll have to do with what we got, then.

Thanks for your answer!

Blog Entries
    Probably because no one has ever asked for the ability to load past chat logs? At least I don't remember anyone ever asking.

But, you can always add it to the wish list so others can vote on the idea and the devs can track the feature enhancement requests.
    Idea Informer » Feedback 2.0

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Probably because no one has ever asked for the ability to load past chat logs? At least I don't remember anyone ever asking.

But, you can always add it to the wish list so others can vote on the idea and the devs can track the feature enhancement requests.
    Idea Informer » Feedback 2.0
    Honestly I've just found out the chats were saved, so My first instinct was searching the loading button.

I don't believed i'd submitted anything, so I'll try. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Urheil View Post
    Honestly I've just found out the chats were saved, so My first instinct was searching the loading button.

I don't believed i'd submitted anything, so I'll try. Thanks!
    You should add a link here to the idea so others who find this thread can easily vote for it

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

seems to this still "newbie" that I came across that in an early session I attended and , as I recall, I merely copied each chat session before session ended and pasted it into a word doc.....then when I went to start new session...and found need to refer to it I had it...what do you all think?

My game is run exclusively in chat. At the end of each session I copy the relevant portion into Word, run a couple of macros and then post to our site for everyone to be able to read and use throughout the years.

https://www.dragonslayers-society.or...klyChatHistory

We used a different VTT for the first 18 years, FGU for the last year and a half.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Interesting... Thanks for your thoughts!

I do the same copy-and-paste into an archive of text files organized by date, where text gets indexed as well for easy searchability. Sure it would be more convenient to have a "chat history" button in FGU where to search for specific words/dates/roll outputs, but I suspect that since copy-and-paste is pretty easy to do most people don't consider it a priority feature to add.

Thread Information