Starfinder Playlist

[Help] One Campaign, Two Systems: How?

Hey all,

I'm still trying to figure out FG Unity and I have found that I am using it both on my laptop on the go prepping as well as hosting sessions at home behind a multiscreen desktop. So the reason I am posting here now is that before my campaign kicks off I like to see if there is handy way of syncing this before i begin rather than posting panic-posts looking for sollutions to problems I have created myself.

I found that Campaign folders are local, which I can drag an drop. But characters made in the Ultimate need to be reimported I found. Images seem to be a bit iffy to get back but I think that last part might just be user error.

So who's familiar with a two system setup and syncing this, is there a handy way?

Blog Entries
    The campaign folder is complete, it will have all the characters created in that campaign, but not in other campaigns. Images added to the campaign will be there too, but images from other modules will not unless that module is also on both systems.

You can copy the campaign folder back and forth as needed (I' used to do that). You can write a simple batch script to do it for you too. The one thing you do not want to do is put your FG Data directory in an active sync'd location, like cloud storage such as One Drive or Google Drive. Because if the cloud syncs while in use you can get corrupted data. So make sure you turn off sync or set it to be manual.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you!

I will double check (and uncheck) the FG Data folder as well. Thank you very much!

There's a batch file somebody wrote to around here somewhere that will do it automatically.

Edit: Found it. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post308736
    Last edited by Nylanfs; February 2nd, 2023 at 12:03.

Thread Information