DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Token Vision/Rolling with Fullscreen questions

Hey I have two small nitpicks with the way that FG runs some stuff and I was wondering if they could be solved. For one, whenever I (the GM) have tokens that have mask visibility on, and I fullscreen the map again, the visibility goes away, and none of my players can see the tokens anymore, even if they are in the right lighting. This happened in a combat last night and was very confusing. I can't minimize the map for a moment or fullscreen the map without the tokens (enemy tokens) just going invisible. Secondly, my players were complaining about the fact that you can't roll on the map, and only in the chat, so if you DO have the map completely fullscreened on your end (to the point where the chat is no longer visible) you cant roll at all. If there any way to just allow people to roll on the map and have it show in the chat?? Seems pretty weird to me.

Blog Entries
    First issue sounds like a bug. Maybe due to an extension?
    Second issue, no, not when using the dice directly but you can if "rolling" using the character sheet actions or hot keys. Full screen w/o chat is designed to be used when you are using FG like a map display (digital gaming table) or room display, and not for player use (not really). Note that when the map is in background mode (full screen with chat), players can unlock and move and resize the chat so it doesn't take up as much room.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirl View Post
    Secondly, my players were complaining about the fact that you can't roll on the map, and only in the chat, so if you DO have the map completely fullscreened on your end (to the point where the chat is no longer visible) you cant roll at all. If there any way to just allow people to roll on the map and have it show in the chat?? Seems pretty weird to me.
    As mentioned by Lord Entrails - players can roll from the character sheet and also setup hotkey bar entries for rolls. These will allow the player to make rolls when it fullscreen mode without a chat window. If the players want to just drag/drop the dice for rolling then they need the chat window visible, or they can drag the dice to a hotkey slot and then click on the hotkey slot. The hotkey slot can be cleared via a right-click menu option. It's one extra step - drag dice then click the hotkey, than just dragging dice to the chat window.

If the players regularly roll specific dice combos, they can set these up in the hotkey bar and either click on them or press the relevant F number key. Pressing CTRL, SHIFT or ALT give access to another bank of 12 hotkey slots - so players can setup a lot of different things their PCs might do if they have more than 12 actions they want to store in the hotkey bar for quick use.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I think you can still drag dice rolls onto the NPC’s etc. but I don’t use that mode myself and only background mode as do my players.

Thread Information