DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: ETU extensions

ETU extensions

Hi all,

I'm planning on running ETU for my players shortly and I've run into an error caused by by the setting: sw - east texas university extension, where if its running it causes an error on the main tab of a character sheet

Window: No vertical anchor defined for control (race) in windowclass (charsheet_main)

And

Window: No vertical anchor defined for control (racelink) in windowclass (charsheet_main)

Clearly that's because the custom character sheet has no space for name.

Finally to my question - there's another extension Setting: East Texas University which doesn't create the error when enabled. Is there a difference between the two extensions and do I lose anything by not enabling the SW one?

Cheers

I'm not seeing that issue on my system.

Can you try these steps?
    1. Open FG
    2. Click on Folder button on upper left of launch screen to open FG data folder
    3. Rename the following folders rulesets/extensions/modules to rulesets.old/extensions.old/modules.old
    4. Return to FG
    5. Run a new Check for Updates
    6. After the update check completes, try running your campaign again.

The name of the extension on the launch screen should read: "Setting: East Texas University"

Regards,
    JPG

Awesome, that got rid of the rogue extension and the error, thanks for the help!

I just purchased East Texas University and have plans to purchase the other two modules. However. I installed both setting and theme, but my UI doesn't look correct especially compared to the images provided on the website.
    my comp:screen capture.PNG
    This is my first attempt at running/playing Savage Worlds and the first product I've tried with it. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I just need to know what.
    Thanks for the help. Look forward to running ETU.
    Also is a PDF available?
    mindfungus
    Last edited by mindfungus; March 26th, 2024 at 04:15.
    many a butt await my boot print

The product screenshot is from FG classic.
    You're running FG Unity. The buttons and layout has changed.

Also, the screenshot is Savage Worlds Deluxe edition.
    You're loading both Deluxe and SWADE. You're going to have problems doing that. You should turn off one of those Savage Worlds versions.

There are no PDFs available through the Smite Works store. The PDF is available from Pinnacle and DDRPG.

wow, such a fast reply!

Thank you for the help. I knew it had to be something I didn't know I was doing wrong.
    Is there no theme for Unity now? Do I need to load both the theme and the setting if there is no theme change to unity?
    I will turn off SWADE and just use Deluxe, I'll also head over to DDRPG for the .pdf for tablet viewing.
    Thanks again for the fast and useful information.

mindfungus
    Last edited by mindfungus; March 26th, 2024 at 05:55.

Themes are separate from settings and extensions. (Some older ones are still combined, but they've been separating them.)
    Yes, you want to select the setting theme before loading the campaign, in addition to any setting extension.
    Most settings come with themes, but you can pick any theme you like.
    There's a default FGU theme, in case you don't pick one. It looks pretty much like your screenshot.
    There are a few free themes from Smite Works, plus really nice ones you can buy. (named Theme: FG ... in the extensions list)
    There are Savage Worlds themes also. (named Theme: SW ...)
    And some free themes on the Forge.
    Themes have been changing to make them universal, so I could use a D&D theme in SWADE or a Traveler theme in Interface RED. It's not 100% yet, but it's getting there.

I've been working on the changes you suggested.
    I own the Savage Worlds Deluxe ruleset not Adventure ruleset. I can't seem to load SWD only, it automatically loads both SWD and SWADE unless I remove SWD.pak from the ruleset folder.
    Do i need to select both the ETU:setting and the ETU:theme? Do they make changes to Unity, or should I not use the ETU Theme and use a stock FG theme?
    Can you recommend a specific theme that looks and works good with the ETU world?

It would have been nice to know the included feature, "A custom theme (extension) that changes the look and feel of the Savage Worlds ruleset." no longer function since Unity.
    Last edited by mindfungus; March 26th, 2024 at 17:42.

You want to load the ETU setting extension. It adds setting-specific stuff you'll need for running ETU.
    I don't own ETU so I don't know how well the theme (or extension) works with the recent changes. You can always choose a different theme. There are a couple of good dark themes, and a horror theme made by Smite Works.
    I also don't own SWD. It may be built on top of the SWADE ruleset. If so, it would load the SWADE ruleset automatically. Doswelk or Jiminimonka may be able to answer this.
    You could type
    Code:
    /console
    into chat and look for warnings about the theme or extension.

The SWD (Savage Worlds Deluxe) ruleset is built on top of the SavageWorlds (SWADE) ruleset, you will see both rulesets listed in chat.

You can load both the ETU Setting and Theme extensions. But, as shown in the screenshots in post #1, you won't get the same graphical theme as originally designed - you can select a few different ETU decals from the campaign options menu and the character sheet has a background graphic, but that's about it from what I can tell.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information