Starfinder Playlist

[Paid][LFP][D&D 5E][Sun] Aegis of Empires [First Session FREE]

FG License Type: Ultimate
    Game System: D&D 5th Edition

Time Zone: Central Time USA
    Day of week and time: Every other Sunday 6:00pm - 10:00pm
    Planned start date: February 19th, 2023
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 Hour session, complete campaign
    Term: Paid, $25 per player, per session (First Session FREE).

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 (Fantasy Horror)
    Flavor: Blood, Death, Execution, Gore, Hangings, Murder, Nightmares about Traumatic Events, Suicide, Trauma, Violence
    Number of Players in game & needed: 4-6
    Character starting level & equipment: 1

Game Link: https://startplaying.games/adventure...0808m88evl9t0z

DM Information Link: https://startplaying.games/gm/bwatford

Plot Hook:

A truly epic adventure saga, Aegis of Empires, is here for 5th Edition! This spectacular fantasy-horror adventure arc is set in the incredibly detailed Lost Lands Campaign Setting by Frog God Games).

Your heroes must trek across the Kingdoms of Foere, Reme, the Vast, and beyond to uncover the clues of an ancient mystery, a lost prince, an expedition to the ends of the earth, and a silent apocalypse stealthily creeping to overwhelm the land, from the start of their careers up to 17th level!

----------

Yep, the story above is the intro to the entire thing. Not that you start in the City of Eber. You see this is an adventure arc, not a full adventure path. That means that certain thing happens at set points of the story that moves the main arc along, yes. But what happens in between those arcs? Well, that is up to you of course. In this fashion is how the campaign starts. You and your companions are 'on the way' to Eber to meet with the law firm which starts the first arc. But before that.... well, you have some other stuff to do while you are on the way, and that is the beauty of the Aegis of Empires Adventure Arc.

It allows you to be you. Doesn't keep you on the railroad chugging down the track. It allows you to get lost in your own desires and goals and then steers you back for main arcs through the adventure. So while half the adventure is set pieces that push the main story along, the other half, well I guess you can say that you design that by your groups actions and desires that is not covered by the main story arc.

Basically, it is like having the best of both worlds. A tight story that moves the main plot along without feeling like you are being constantly pushed to do something that wasn't of your choosing. This campaign is very much about you and your character and their individual goals.

Mechanically, this will be standard point-buy with 27 points. I strongly disfavor stat dumps, especially Charisma, without appropriate story justification. I also disfavor gimmicky characters. Considerably more effort should be on the personality, flavor and behavior of the character than on the mechanics themselves.

GM Info:
    Hi there! It's Billy Watford. I’ve been GMing (DMing, Storytelling, what have you) for these last 30+ years (Or is it 35?), and gaming a touch longer. I’ve run what feels like hundreds of adventures via Paizo, WotC, TSR over the years.

My GMing style focuses more on what makes a good story, and less on things like exploiting the loopholes in rules to their fullest. I like characters that are cards to begin with, but I LOVE characters that develop over the course of a game. Don’t make me deal with two-dimensional characters that have one annoying trait they exploit over and over, and I won’t have to make a tarrasque show up. Deal? Deal.

What kind of player am I NOT looking for?
    People who have played this adventure path before (Sorry), and Power Gamers (not sorry) and rules lawyers (really not sorry).

What kind of players AM I looking for?
    Ooh, this one is good. I am not really looking for players at all. I am looking for a cast of characters. I’m looking for someone who’s committed to not only a good plot progression (characters or players that stifle the plot make me want to scream), but character development. I want to see your character grow into their role. I want to see selfish street rat become swashbuckling hero! I want to see bored pencil-pushing acolyte become punishing wrath of an angry god! LET’S DO THIS.

Interested?
    Just click the game link above to sign up or post or PM me here with any questions.
    Last edited by bwatford; February 4th, 2023 at 17:11.

First two players to sign up from this forum and DM me will receive a free first session plus $10 off each of their first five sessions after that. (A $75 value.)

Adjusted campaign time to every other Sunday.

This campaign offer has been withdrawn.
    Last edited by bwatford; February 17th, 2023 at 19:45.

Thread Information