DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Is there a technique that can allow for masked tinting of a layer?

I have an overhead map of a keep set in the forest. I'd like to tint only exterior portions of the map a dark blue (night) but retain the original look of the interior of the keep (since it is warm and dry). I can add rain and other FX and use the mask to restrict those FX to the exterior but I cannot seem to find a way to add tinting to the FX layer (visible areas or otherwise). And when I add tinting to the base map, it seems to be an all-or-nothing operation, without the ability to use masking. Am I missing some key functionality that exists? Or in lieu of that, is there some kind of technique to arrive my desired result?

Quote Originally Posted by DeDiceManCometh View Post
    I have an overhead map of a keep set in the forest. I'd like to tint only exterior portions of the map a dark blue (night) but retain the original look of the interior of the keep (since it is warm and dry). I can add rain and other FX and use the mask to restrict those FX to the exterior but I cannot seem to find a way to add tinting to the FX layer (visible areas or otherwise). And when I add tinting to the base map, it seems to be an all-or-nothing operation, without the ability to use masking. Am I missing some key functionality that exists? Or in lieu of that, is there some kind of technique to arrive my desired result?
    Yes, see the Ambient lighting section of this article.

Also video 18 here.

Blog Entries
    You could try using an Adjust Colors FX layer.

Thread Information