5E Character Create Playlist

System Resolving Network Issue

Hello, I just started running games in FGU, and one of my players was having issues stuck in a connection loop. I tried looking around online for answers, but they didn't seem to help a whole lot. Basically, when I run the game, everyone can connect
    except for them. It doesn't even get them to the password. Its just stuck resolving. I took a look online, messed with some firewall settings (like making sure FGU worked on their private network), tried hosting on other systems, everything. This is the information I've gathered:
    They don't use a VPN or VM, other players can connect to my games BOTH on my desktop computer and my laptop (except the one with the connection issues), they don't have a third party firewall, just windows, and FGU is able to work on private and public connections on the firewall.
    I checked their logs and couldn't find a real issue there. It never gave an error connection message that wasn't a self cancellation of the connection.
    However, on my logs, when all my players had already connected, it stated that a player was attempting connection/authorization, but their password was incorrect. But they never put in a password.

So yeah, please help me out here.

If it's just one player, then most likely it is something in their machine or local network setup that is blocking the ability to connect. It can be machine settings or network router/access-point settings.

We put together a troubleshooting document to look at the common culprits in these scenarios. Unfortunately, the network does not give any feedback on why a connection doesn't complete or gets killed, so the application doesn't have any way to give more detail.
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...roubleshooting

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Hi Realgirl if they have access to a VPN they shoudl try connecting with that. Also if they can test using while connected to their mobile phone hotspot. This will help to rule out/in their router/isp.

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirl View Post
    Hello, I just started running games in FGU, and one of my players was having issues stuck in a connection loop. I tried looking around online for answers, but they didn't seem to help a whole lot. Basically, when I run the game, everyone can connect
    except for them. It doesn't even get them to the password. Its just stuck resolving. I took a look online, messed with some firewall settings (like making sure FGU worked on their private network), tried hosting on other systems, everything. This is the information I've gathered:
    They don't use a VPN or VM, other players can connect to my games BOTH on my desktop computer and my laptop (except the one with the connection issues), they don't have a third party firewall, just windows, and FGU is able to work on private and public connections on the firewall.
    I checked their logs and couldn't find a real issue there. It never gave an error connection message that wasn't a self cancellation of the connection.
    However, on my logs, when all my players had already connected, it stated that a player was attempting connection/authorization, but their password was incorrect. But they never put in a password.

So yeah, please help me out here.
    Is it possible that said player did not use their Fantasy Grounds forum account prior to try to join a game. Even if they have the demo and don't intend to purchase, they still need to be logged into the Fantasy Grounds Unity VTT client in the settings. Also, make sure they user updated Fantasy Grounds Unity prior to connecting.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information