DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Is it possible to have effects change based upon user action.

I am playing Traveller with FGU.
    The space ship map is multiple levels - each level is a different image.

Is it possible to have the players jump from one image to another via movement onto a set of stairs or other such effect?
    file:///home/dcalford/Media/20TB/300dpi Work/Objects/Medical/Sardine Low BerthsTransparent.png
    file:///home/dcalford/Media/20TB/300dpi Work/Objects/Medical/Sardine Low BerthsTransparentDark.png

How about having a trigger allowing the player to turn on and off lights within a map?

Blog Entries
    There is a "Portals" extension on the Forge that does this. But, I do not know if it is compatible with the Traveller ruleset. Fantasy Grounds Forge

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Calford View Post
    How about having a trigger allowing the player to turn on and off lights within a map?
    As far as I'm aware (and I'm very sure), you cannot "automate" such a thing, but I do these sorts of things manually as the DM in the map menu, based on what a PC is doing or saying. If you set your map and lights up with this in mind, it doesn't take much effort during the game. (I have a "system" of magic in my campaign that whenever a PC looks through a particular colored gem, they can see flashing lights of that color which show them were certain things are. Obviously, I just set up the different colored lights in a group that I can click on and off together in the menu as PCs look through those gems.)

Good luck. If you discover a better solution, let me know.

GG

That is a shame, I was hoping to come back to Fantasy Grounds, but, I am going to go back to Foundry where they support such things as standard.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyGroundsice View Post
    Unfortunately, FGU does not support the ability to switch between different images in the same session. You can, however, use the same image for all levels and then use the Map Features tool to indicate where the stairs are. You can also set up different scenes for each level and then switch between them as needed.
    And, unfortunately, you appear to be a spammer...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    And, unfortunately, you appear to be a spammer...
    I was wondering as I just went in to look for "Map Tools" within the FGU environment. I know I can do this with Foundry, but I really want to switch my players over to FGU so as to be ready for 2300AD when it is released.
    Is it possible they are referring to it incorrectly?

Is it possible they are referring to it incorrectly?
    Their post (and others they posted in different threads before they were banned) were weird - with some context, but many inaccuracies.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well, I am going to try the portals extension, but it really should be part of the base package vs a add-on. Hopefully it will work with Traveller and the other games I play. The ability to have triggers to activate/deactivate effects (like turning on lights) will also be available ie a single switch that turns on a group of lights by a player action.

Well, I am going to try the portals extension, but it really should be part of the base package vs a add-on. Hopefully it will work with Traveller and the other games I play. The ability to have triggers to activate/deactivate effects (like turning on lights) will also be available ie a single switch that turns on a group of lights by a player action.
    I have the Portals extension that I have used for my 5E games. It will only help with moving players from one spot/image to the next. It has no other effect function like lighting. Just so you are aware before buying

Thread Information