DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Proficiency Bonus Modifier and Limited Use Tags

As usual, I'm unsure where to ask these sorts of things, but I was designing some content, and it brought me back to a question I've had for a long time: is there an extension that allows you to add or subtract from a character's proficiency bonus in 5E? I know no core content interacts with it, but there are things I might consider building for 5E and certain styles of play that might benefit from having it (to emulate that old level-drain sort of feeling).

Related; has anyone considered making an extension that adds a [Porificiency] or [Half Proficiency] option to the options for uses, like where [Daily] and [Rest] are? Many features would benefit from being able to lock them to those fields. Specifically, many racial features that have per-Long-Rest uses are based on your proficiency bonus, and it would be useful for a set-and-forget way of dealing with this.

Again, sorry if this is in the wrong place. These are just quality-of-life things I think about, and if anything does these or anything here inspires thought, please let me know!

Best place to post things about 5E is in the 5E forum. The "Extensions" forum is primarily for people to post completed extensions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks! I've seem some people posting questions about if certain extensions exist in the extensions forum and receive answers without any objections so I was unclear on what the protocol was.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingAzureCrow View Post
    Thanks! I've seem some people posting questions about if certain extensions exist in the extensions forum and receive answers without any objections so I was unclear on what the protocol was.
    We can't moderate 100% of posts, and helpful community members will respond to posts wherever they are. The Extensions forum is primarily where creators share their extensions and it's best kept that way so FG users can go there and easily see what extensions have been created/updated recently rather than threads asking if there's an extension that does XXX for YYY ruleset.

Plus, using this example, you're asking very specific questions about use/extensions for the D&D 5e ruleset - the best place for you to post about that is in the 5e forum. A lot FG users might not even read posts in the Extensions forum, so it's more efficient all round (for you and others) to post questions about 5e in the 5e forum.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Not that I know of, but I don't try to keep up with all the extensions that are available. But, here are some you might want to look at:

Fantasy Grounds Forge
    Fantasy Grounds Forge
    Fantasy Grounds Forge
    Fantasy Grounds Forge

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Not that I know of, but I don't try to keep up with all the extensions that are available. But, here are some you might want to look at:

Fantasy Grounds Forge
    Fantasy Grounds Forge
    Fantasy Grounds Forge
    Fantasy Grounds Forge
    I use most of these actually~! Unfortunately they don't add the ability to mess with proficiency bonuses, from what I know.

There isn't an effect that will directly change the proficiency bonus but you can create effects for everything that uses a proficiency bonus. For example, if you wanted to change the attack of a PC whose proficiency bonus is currently 2, you could write an effect ATK: 1 [-PRF]. This will remove the proficiency bonus from the attack roll and add in 1 for a net -1 penalty. You can do the same with SAVE, CHECK etc
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There isn't an effect that will directly change the proficiency bonus but you can create effects for everything that uses a proficiency bonus. For example, if you wanted to change the attack of a PC whose proficiency bonus is currently 2, you could write an effect ATK: 1 [-PRF]. This will remove the proficiency bonus from the attack roll and add in 1 for a net -1 penalty. You can do the same with SAVE, CHECK etc
    I know you can do as such. I was asking about a possible extension that directly affects your proficiency bonus for convenience to bypass having to do so. The ability to directly affect a character's proficiency bonus (or even enable editing it via scroll-wheel like with one's passive Perception or initiative) comes with major conveniences that regular effect coding doesn't grant.

Thread Information