5E Character Create Playlist

New Player. D&D Old School. EST Weekends.

Hi all.

I'm an older guy who played D&D and AD&D in the 80s and early 90s. New on FG based on a FB recommendation. Here's my basic info:

FG License: Standard, but can purchase anything.
    Time Zone: EST (Florida, USA)
    Day(s) of the week, frequency, and time: Sat or Sun afternoon/evenings (anywhere between 2 pm to 10 pm). May be able to play one or two evenings during the week (ending by 11 pm). Weekly or biweekly campaigns.
    Term: Long-term wanted/campaign/multiple campaigns.
    Voice: Prefer voice at a minimum, but prefer vid. I have Discord (WWIIOnline, anyone?).

Game System Preferred: 1e, 2e, AD&D 2e. I'm I open to the 5e? We'll have to see about that...
    Game System Experience: 1e, 2e, AD&D 2e from many, many years ago.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: First time on FG

Character Type Preferred: I like to roll my character/class every time, and maintain a persistent character throughout a campaign(s). Willing to take a DM character if needed and run with that if the group wants it.
    About me: I'm an older married guy (mentioned that already), I have a dry sense of humor, and I'm nostalgic for the olden days of tabletop D&D in my friend's basement, paper character sheets (I still have my characters!), bags of chips and soda, and telling mom we'll be done "soon". I have a professional legal job that requires me to be at my place of indentured servitude in the mornings, so I cannot play late during the week. My wife may also complain on weekends (see infra, "Mom, we'll be done soon!"). I keep my own radio broadcaster baritone voice in the game but work it into a character, and I have a preference for the human fighter/paladin/cleric characters, since I am a veteran (retired) and a slew of Latin books in my library (another hobby of mine). My roleplay style is relaxed - I like on-game and off-game banter and knowing the people I'm playing with (everyone hates playing with their little brother - seriously). Jokes are a must, ribbing players like they're my old squaddies, and maybe I have a Toledo forged sword I brought back from a trip to Spain in the 1990s laying around the library somewhere...

Since I've been out of the D&D loop for a long time, I may need to be gently guided back into the fold.

If anyone is interested in a 1st level Fighter/Paladin/Cleric, let me know!

Blog Entries
    Welcome to FG Sam!

You should get yourself a Discord account (free) and also get on the FG Discord. There are LFG sections there as well.

Also, feel free to PM me @JohnD#1818 and we can chat a little. You never know what will work out.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Welcome to FG Sam!

You should get yourself a Discord account (free) and also get on the FG Discord. There are LFG sections there as well.

Also, feel free to PM me @JohnD#1818 and we can chat a little. You never know what will work out.
    Thanks, John! I will do that!

Sam

Thread Information