DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Death Markers are working for me. I wish this feature did more than it currently does. I'll just wait to see what the future brings.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Would be nice if the Movement tracking took the splat as difficult terrain.

Death Markers are in Savage Worlds and you can (on the NPC sheets) declare what blood splat they leave -oil,.vomit, slime etc. so this seems to be what is also getting added to Core now.

Yeah, the different types of splat based on NPC type is cool. I would like to see this implemented into wounds tracking. If the player could see a wound splat linked to creature type when they damage the NPC then they could determine what type of creature they are fighting.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

The death markers do not seem to appear on the clients unless the GM re-shares the map. Is this as intended?

This was happening with the initial FGU update, but I pushed a hot fix about 4 hours later to fix that specific issue.

Can you make sure both the GM and player clients are updated, and try again? Please let me know if still an issue, so I can gather details.

Regards,
    JPG

Seems to be working locally, will test it remotely when my group next plays.

Yep, all working fine remotely.
    Last edited by rkohli; March 3rd, 2023 at 12:44.

This needs more documentation. Right now it looks like a downgrade of SWADE rules set.
    We had defeat markers already and now extentions that add to them are broken.
    Some default defeat markers included also do not working in SWADE. Since they are not in local _tDeathMarkerTypes.
    Edit function is too confusing and does not appear to work either. How are new markers added to window?
    Without an append function on edit control for a new Death Marker input. One that to adds to local _tDeathMarkerTypes array this is never going work. Even if new markers are added through interface.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; March 11th, 2023 at 17:59.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Death Markers are working (D&D 5E) and I certainly prefer them to having nothing.

I think the best implementation would be instead of having the marker tied to creature type, the marker would be an image stamp of the deceased's token (maybe semi transparent, maybe rotated randomly), with a configurable stamp on top of it. Maybe default to tombstone or skull/crossbones. Maybe change (or overstamp) the border of the token with an obvious death indicator.

Sometimes knowing which humanoid corpse is where is pretty helpful.

Tangentially, would it ever be possible to be able to add different creature types rather than having them hard-coded? We can type new ones into statblocks, but the game doesn't seem to understand them for effects and such.

Thanks for all you do! FGU has come a long way in the last few years.

@LoneWolf,
    As I mentioned in Discord; there is no need to add anything via extension to add a new Death Marker graphic set. Just create the new Death Marker Set, and map the type to the set in the Death Markers window. If you're just trying to add a new graphic set, you're done.
    If you're trying to add a new "Type" entry, then that is something new; and I'm not sure of the use case, but you can do that today.
    Code:
    function onInit()
    	updateDeathMarkerTypes();
    end

function updateDeathMarkerTypes()
    	local sNewType = "New Type";

local tDeathMarkerTypes = TokenMarkerManager.getDeathMarkerTypes();
    	table.insert(tDeathMarkerTypes, sNewType);

ImageDeathMarkerManager.setCreatureTypeDefault(sNewType, "");
    	-- Another example of setting non-empty, default graphic set
    	--ImageDeathMarkerManager.setCreatureTypeDefault(sNewType, "blood_black");
    end