STAR TREK 2d20

Share a map with my GM

As a player/map maker, is there a way to share a map I've created in Fantasy Grounds with my GM?

I have tried sending him the module, the export of which bundles in the assests and the XML file. When he loads the module he has a partial view of the map, with some assests showing up as 'question marks'.

He doesn't own the assests himself, and some are showing and some are not. Is there a step we're missing, either in the exporting or importing of the module?

Also, is there a way to export the map as an image? This may be more useful for a world map, though the module option will work best for an encounter map.

If it's possible, I would like to use export both the module and a 'final' image, for him to share easily with other players in the group.

Thank you for any guidance someone can provide!

Blog Entries
    If he doesn't own the assets then no, you can not share a map you've made. When you export a map created in FG, it exports a file with pointers to all the image/asset references. It does not include the image/assets in order to protect IP. (i.e. if it did export it, then one could easily pirate all the FG art packs).

There is no way in-built to export FG maps to an image. But you can do a screen capture.

In short, only use the default assets if you want to share an image.

(These limits are why I don't really do my maps in FG. I would love to, but the inability to share or use them commercially is too restrictive for my desires.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you! I think! I have so enjoyed using the software for creating this map, and much prefer it to others I've tried. But yes... it seems then, it can only really work well for DMs who are creating their own maps.

Thread Information