DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Native integration with Syrinscape or other FGU jukebox

Dear developers, I am a new FGU user and I recently bought an Ultimate license....after Roll20, FGU is a fantastic improvement and I am loving it!!! However, it is really a shame that soundtracks and sound effects are so difficult to use in FGU. and I feel that this is FGU's weakest point at the moment...the Roll20 jukebox is the only area I am sorely missing at the moment, as I do have a large collection of epic music in MP3 (Two Steps from Hell, etc) that I am currently unable to use....even a native integration with Amazon Music or Spotify would probably work!!! Or one of the Syrinscape alternatives, like Tabletop Audio or Battlebards....https://alternativeto.net/software/syrinscape/
    Also, I know that you do not usually publish any estimated release dates, but I am asking anyway...is this something that is going to happen in a relatively short timeframe please? The last thing I want is being forced to use Roll20 again because of the music....
    Thanks, Nobiledruen

We never know for certain what particular parts of an update will appear, the developers keep that quiet to avoid disappointments in delivery schedules.

Integrated sounds are coming "soon" what what they have hinted at.

There are also two Extensions that you can use now for Syrinscape:

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/118/view

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/117/view

Those developers have indicated that their extensions are expected to continue to work after the upcoming update that includes sound.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Blog Entries
    The Wish List is the requested place to make feature requests (so that they do not get lost in the forums). You may wish to vote on this request or make another: Idea Informer » Feedback 2.0

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobiledruen View Post
    ...I do have a large collection of epic music in MP3 (Two Steps from Hell, etc) that I am currently unable to use....
    How do you communicate with your players? Are you text based (typing in FG chat)? Or do you use some kind of voice communication?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks @Trenloe. I use Skype, and it works beautifully for voice and video.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobiledruen View Post
    Thanks @Trenloe. I use Skype, and it works beautifully for voice and video.
    In that case you can try playing your MP3s through Skype. Search the Internet for something like "play music through skype" - there's plenty of options to do that, some with plugins for Skype and some that "mix" your microphone audio with an audio app output running on your computer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

And I've moved this thread to the Tavern. The Laboratory sub-forum (where this thread was originally posted) is for discussions to do with the latest beta test, not for general discussions about FG.

Welcome to FGU.

Well I can tell you I had the same concerns with lack of native sounds built into FGU when I first started using it. I’m heading towards five years now of using fantasy grounds.

I use syrinscape and battlebards along with the two previously mentioned extensions, an audio pipe and discord for my sounds.

I then create sound boards in my games (I use a story entry that lays out what each button on the sound board plays and a brief description. Example would be 1- somber theme / traveling “)

Plus battle sounds play automatically thanks to the sound extensions. Some cast fireball syrinscape auto plays the fireball effect I do nothing. Does the same for a myriad of spells , swords clashing , arrows hitting targets , etc.

Battlebards I mostly play music through to set mood, I use it sparingly though as I think if every common fight there’s music it kind of makes it no big deal for bigger events.

Just adding my experience. I use both of the extensions listed by anstett above, and they work great. I recommend making sure to pick up the Chat Triggers, as they really reduce that amount of work you have to do. The extension comes with an extensive set of auto-triggers, which you'll be amazed at the number of things that get picked up and have a sound for. You can also manually set them to trigger on any number of specific events/words you want that pop up in the chat box.

My group works through Zoom, which I run on a separate computer. Syrinscape provides a URL link so I can just run everything as system sound into Zoom on my non FGU computer. This is a big help for me.

One thing I would recommend is using the Syrinscape interface over the "sound board" interface on FGU (provided in the extensions). I have a separate monitor mounted above my FGU monitor with just the Syrniscape screen on it. It allows me to control the mood and special F/X sounds better. The "sound boards" in FGU don't display the names of the sound being triggered unless you "tooltip" over the top of the specific icon. I'm sure that works fine some people, but I can never recall which sound I've placed where in the board. Apparently, that's beyond my ability while doing my DM thing.

Good luck! It's a great addition to your games.

Thread Information