STAR TREK 2d20

Suggestion for dealing with an issue with Gifting in the FG Store

Hello,

There is a pretty significant issue on the FG store that gets in the way of being able to make gift purchases. This issue dovetails with the benevolent discount FG offers on filling "Bundles" piecemeal over time.

I have several friends who, in the wake of the Sturm und Drang surrounding the OGL, are jumping into other game systems. I would love to be able to support this by gifting FG modules to friends. For instance, I have a friend who just bought the Starfinder Core Rules module, and was planning on running a game at some point soon. I wanted to buy him a copy of the Alien Archive module. But, since I already have some Starfinder modules, I got a small "bundle" discount on the purchase of my second copy of Alien Archive, which rendered the purchase ungiftable.

(The Support team was very responsive in refunding this purchase and explaining why it could not be gifted- kudos to them incidentally)

I would like to propose that the FG storefront team either looks into a way to specify a gift recipient in the purchase flow, or allow a purchaser to waive a discount so that a purchase may be gifted. I have a sneaking suspicion that if it were more feasible for TTRPG enthusiasts to make gift purchases - particularly in the current environment of the passtime - this might pay significant dividends.

Previous poster said it all. Something like this would be great, even if it was a tag of "This cant be gifted because of X,Y or Z" or something akin to those words.

Blog Entries
    Most of the bundles (except for 30% and 40% off bundles) have been marked as giftable now. Paizo products are more tricky because we grant a discount for owning the PDF that is usually pretty substantial. None of the products purchased with a PDF discount are giftable because we can't verify whether or not the discount would have applied to the recipient. Alien Archive is in Starfinder Essentials and those products are giftable. Once you've claimed your PDF, any subsequent purchase sees that you own the PDF and grants you a discount for the PDF. That's the problem.

What you are asking for is the correct way for us to handle it (i.e. be able to make a purchase and mark it as a gift so that only the appropriate discounts apply); however, there are a lot of places we would have to work that code into our storefront and it just hasn't happened yet. We agree it would be good.

I do understand some of the complexities. For my part, and for what it's worth, the convenience of easier gifting would be worth waiving any discounts entirely so that I could be certain a purchase is giftable. Thanks for the response!

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Most of the bundles (except for 30% and 40% off bundles) have been marked as giftable now. Paizo products are more tricky because we grant a discount for owning the PDF that is usually pretty substantial. None of the products purchased with a PDF discount are giftable because we can't verify whether or not the discount would have applied to the recipient. Alien Archive is in Starfinder Essentials and those products are giftable. Once you've claimed your PDF, any subsequent purchase sees that you own the PDF and grants you a discount for the PDF. That's the problem.

What you are asking for is the correct way for us to handle it (i.e. be able to make a purchase and mark it as a gift so that only the appropriate discounts apply); however, there are a lot of places we would have to work that code into our storefront and it just hasn't happened yet. We agree it would be good.
    Gift Cards!

Thread Information