5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 10 of 11 First ... 891011 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdog45 View Post
    Didn't they just cancel there plans for the OGL. Just recently within the last few days? Big win for third party publishers and fans?

https://www.polygon.com/23574677/dun...zards-fans-win
    Yep, link to the official announcement is in post #70; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post676069

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

A temporary win, but definitely a win. It still showed the need for a license that isn't controlled by a single publisher, and the fact that they THOUGHT they could do this is an issue. I'm looking forward to what the ORC license will be.

https://www.polygon.com/23553389/dnd...e-announcement
    https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6si7v

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Celestian for linking that. One of the few OGL relate videos I've watched, but definitely a good and important one for those interested in the topic.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Kyle stepped on his Johnson in that interview IMO, but racism and exclusion are apparently OK as long as directed at straight white males.

Looking around the internet WotC and the guy himself are getting flack again for his comments in that interview, but to each their own opinion I suppose.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

This old white guy is done with them for good. I've spent thousands on both dnd and magic and they and hasbro will not see a single cent more. The straw that broke the camels back. Unfortunately that means no dnd purchases to fantasy grounds as well due to the royalties. I was planning on jumping back into playing online but will stick to in person with the content I already own.
    This space for rent.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he had good intentions, but poor wording. If you were in a conversation with a person in real life and they said something like this, you could immediately point it out and they would have a chance to reword it. You can focus on a specific statement and even call that a stupid statement without attacking the person who spoke it. You would give people the benefit of that in real life (I hope), so let's extend that courtesy to online interactions as well.

The best way to grow the hobby is to make everyone feel welcome and included. Expanding the breadth of the D&D experience without excluding people based on how they were born is the only way to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonisop View Post
    This old white guy is done with them for good. I've spent thousands on both dnd and magic and they and hasbro will not see a single cent more. The straw that broke the camels back. Unfortunately that means no dnd purchases to fantasy grounds as well due to the royalties. I was planning on jumping back into playing online but will stick to in person with the content I already own.
    D&D isn't the only system that Fantasy Grounds supports, there are some great alternatives. Pathfinder 1 and 2 both have an elf-ton of materials available and quite a bit of community support.

Additionally there are a lot of 3rd party expansions to 5E that do not pay royalties to WotC. In fact many of those publishers are working to establish the ORC license so supporting them is supporting the migration from the WotC OGL.

Just saying, FG has a lot to offer.

Community member interviewing Producer.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    D&D isn't the only system that Fantasy Grounds supports, there are some great alternatives. Pathfinder 1 and 2 both have an elf-ton of materials available and quite a bit of community support.

Additionally there are a lot of 3rd party expansions to 5E that do not pay royalties to WotC. In fact many of those publishers are working to establish the ORC license so supporting them is supporting the migration from the WotC OGL.

Just saying, FG has a lot to offer.
    Paizo is being propped up as some kind of White Knight, but the truth is in many ways they're just as bad as WotC. In some cases, worse. I'm not saying they don't have some fine ideas, make some good products, or employ some great people because they do, but I find the narrative that they're some kind of 'savior' to be nauseating. In fact, Paizo constantly engages in the same kind of ridiculous pandering that WotC is guilty of.

Also, I had a post in this thread that was deleted before I had an opportunity to even respond to the demand from a moderator that I censor it. So I'll re-package that post so I don't cause any 'hurty feels.'

I'm of the demographic (straight white guy) that a number of the WotC leadership has shown open contempt for. So, I won't be financing the stupidity and bigotry of the company. Furthermore, there are also a lot of 3rd party publishers that fall directly in line with that kind of thinking and I won't be supporting them either. Historically, I've chosen to keep myself completely ignorant of a creators personal beliefs to ensure I could separate art from artist, but it's gotten to the point where I can't (actually, won't) support people that despise people like myself for immutable characteristics and/or not ascribing to their social religion.
    Last edited by BushViper; February 13th, 2023 at 19:22.

Thread Information