STAR TREK 2d20

Horror at Headstone Hill Issues

I'm getting ready to run my final session of this campaign, and I would like to point a couple things that I'd like to bring to someone's attention.

First, shotguns. If there is anyway to make it so these import right onto the Combat tab of a character, that'd be awesome. But considering there isn't, it'd be nice that when an NPC has one, it is built to handle all ranges on the character sheet. Especially considering the character sheet is locked. When I use it from the combat tracker or the character sheet, the damage is rolled as a negative number, and it doesn't take range into account. Sure, I can rebuild the NPC easy enough, but if I do that every single encounter that NPC is linked to must be rebuilt as well. If the character sheet was unlockable, I would just fix it myself. Shotguns are used a lot in the setting, so this was very frustrating.

Two, Frank Debeny's Arcane Background is not properly set up. His skills are not linked to his powers. It's just an Apply button. Easily worked around though. I just rolled his Occult skill.

Aside from those two issues, it really has been a solid aid to running the campaign. Kudos to whoever built it!
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

Ok, one more thing I just noticed. So when we ended our last session we were at the Barn of the Critter and in the middle of a combat. When I booted up the server yesterday, all of the tokens and my mask had been wiped out. Thinking it was just some random glitch, I replaced the tokens on the map the best I could and called it good. Well, I just went to reload that map and the same thing has happened again. Wondering if there's something wrong with that map.

Edit: Ok, so now when I go to put the tokens on the map, other tokens are disappearing... I think it's haunted.
    Last edited by GM BK; January 18th, 2023 at 23:19.

Can the developer for Horror at Headstone Hill please unlock the content? Maps, stories, NPCs, encounters, etc are all locked. That means I can't...
    add tokens to NPCs or encounters
    make notes in the story
    update maps

...sure I can make a copy of things, and then edit the copy, but that means the links are all going to point to the old copy, which makes it much less usable, since you want things linked correctly for a campaign.

I think GM BK mentioned the same issue above.

This is an old module when stuff was locked automatically

That said I am now running this and finding these issues (which we were used to back in the day) annoying now, so I am going to rec-compile my SWEL code with FGU which should fix the locking issue.
    Last edited by Doswelk; January 22nd, 2023 at 19:31.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    That said I am now running this and finding these issues (which we were used to back in the day) annoying now, so I am about to re-write the WHOLE product from scratch as an FGU only module, which removes the locking limitation.
    As a quick fix - remove any static="true" entries from the module db.xml file.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just started running it too so these fixes would be very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As a quick fix - remove any static="true" entries from the module db.xml file.
    good to know - much appreciated

Yep, that's what I did

Update pushed through, Frank Debeney seems fine in my version of the module, so we shall see what is wrong there.

What I need to do (not done yet) for me at elast, is add all the pins to the player version of the map, so I can click them, but trying to re-use the GM map code did not works (all in wrong position), so I will need to manually add the pins
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thanks for the fixes

Thread Information