STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Quick Reference Cards

Hello everyone.

I added the variant/optional actions from the Dungeon Master Guide to a 5E Quick Reference project and adapted it to FGU using shortcuts. Pretty useful for reference, especially for new players.

If someone wants to do something similar, here is the image.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ParasiticCapacitance; January 17th, 2023 at 20:32.

Two quick questions. Are you the owner of the original site or do you have their permission for using it in FG? And if the answer to the first is yes, have you looked at making a module of this to make it easier to distribute?

Blog Entries
    I like the info. It's similar to the quick reference decal I did long ago. Using the linked single image as decal though would be troublesome. It is taller than wide and so would result in the text being unreadable. But it could just be used as a shared image. And then their is the color scheme. It pretty much clashes if it's going to be used as a decal.

But I encourage the idea be developed more completely for FG.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The original website, each of the options are clickable for more details about that action\thing. From what I can see on the image, he has dropped pins to allow the players to get that popup information, the High Jump window there is from clicking on the pin to the right of it in the main image (I assume). It is very useful, as my players tend to forget a lot of their options at times and giving them something they can easily look up themselves helps, hence why I'm interested in it and if there's any permission from the creator. If there isn't, then it just can't be distributed, you can do anything you want in your own local instances. Otherwise, a new image\layout might need to be created to allow for a version to be distributed to other 5E DM's\Players.

Blog Entries
    Ah, the layout/theme is so different from what I'm used to I didn't catch all that. Pins to more info would indeed be great. An FG module to share would be invaluable, if they have permission to share the images

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Looking at the image, there are more options on what he's providing then the original website's image and options. Because I'm totally not doing this exact thing as we speak in a local campaign. Nope.

Blog Entries
    A little diving into the OP's linked website Dnd5e-quickref (crobi.github.io) indicates that all the graphics are from Game-icons.net
    Game Icons indicates that all icons are released under CC-BY-3.0.
    So anyone should (IANAL) be free to create and share an FG module based upon this.
    *hint*

Answering the question, no I'm not the owner but the github repository uses the MIT License and LordEntrails kindly answered about the icons. So I think we're ok, I made a module and tested it on an empty campaign.

There doesn't seem to be a way to attach files on this thread, am I allowed to post links to media sharing services here?

Edit: I was using other version of the forums, attached a .mod to the post.
    Last edited by ParasiticCapacitance; January 17th, 2023 at 20:33.

@ParasiticCapacitance already has this all done, I think, but since I was bored for a few minutes, I ran through using his image and the original websites for a dark and light version. I don't normally do these, but I figure there should be some credit in it refencing back to the original site\contents. It also needs contents filled in for a few of the actions and the dying one, but as I figure ParasiticCapacitance may be kind enough to release a copy of his own, it will get filled in

<removed my module to not muddy the waters for ParasiticCapacitance's>
    Last edited by BaneTBC; January 18th, 2023 at 23:22.

If you use the Go Advanced button for the reply, you should see an option for Manage Attachments where you can add the file. There may be a restriction on number of posts though to upload a file, not sure on that.

Thread Information