STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Custom Dice Rolls not working

Custom Dice Rolls window shows nothing but a filter bar at the bottom.
    I made a new game with just the SWADE ruleset (no extensions) and it still does the same thing.
    Is it just not compatible for the ruleset?
    Everybody lies...
    -Dr. Gregory House, HOUSE MD-

Urge to destroy world, rising...
    -Black Mage, 8-Bit Theater-

Quote Originally Posted by Czarisyn View Post
    Custom Dice Rolls window shows nothing but a filter bar at the bottom.
    I made a new game with just the SWADE ruleset (no extensions) and it still does the same thing.
    Is it just not compatible for the ruleset?
    Is Custom Dice Rolls an extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Is Custom Dice Rolls an extension?
    No, its part of the updated dice packs for FGU
    Everybody lies...

There are no custom dice rolls setup for SWADE. The standard implementation of these in other rulesets is to use the damage type of a damage roll to match the different dice to use; as SWADE doesn't really have anything like damage type within the damage roll, there's no Custom Dice Rolls in SWADE.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    There are no custom dice rolls setup for SWADE. The standard implementation of these in other rulesets is to use the damage type of a damage roll to match the different dice to use; as SWADE doesn't really have anything like damage type within the damage roll, there's no Custom Dice Rolls in SWADE.
    I was thinking that might be the case. I thought that maybe it could be set for the Trait, Skill, Damage, Soak, ect..
    Oh well
    Everybody lies...

Does Pathfinder 1 not allow Custom Dice Rolls?

Quote Originally Posted by Czarisyn View Post
    I was thinking that might be the case. I thought that maybe it could be set for the Trait, Skill, Damage, Soak, ect..
    Oh well
    Do not see the point to be honest.

If you were GMing face-to-face would you insist EVERY player used specific coloured dice for each roll?

We do not colour specific dice because unlike D20 SWADE/SWPF is not overly complicated with multiple damage types to try and make the game fun, as you spend 1-2 hours per combat round (see my sig below)

That said if people want to play with different dice for different rolls, good for them, I do not
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Do not see the point to be honest.

If you were GMing face-to-face would you insist EVERY player used specific coloured dice for each roll?

We do not colour specific dice because unlike D20 SWADE/SWPF is not overly complicated with multiple damage types to try and make the game fun, as you spend 1-2 hours per combat round (see my sig below)

That said if people want to play with different dice for different rolls, good for them, I do not

Not who you responded too, but I can see separating out the Wild Die and the Bonus damage dice by color. At a physical table that would be handy as you'd roll ALL the dice at once. For many this would be faster. But . . . it's not necessary. Even less so with FG.

Thread Information