Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    What region of FR is this set in? I'm assuming that FRCS and core FR books such as Players guide to faerun and races of faerun are acceptable, along with regional feats and equipment, as standard for FR campaigns?

As i'm sure everyone is aware by now, the TS server is up. Get ahold of Haglon for the ip address. If for some reason the server isn't up, that's because either A: my computer rebooted while I was at work (damn windows updates), or B: I shut the server down.

B: isn't likely to happen since I'm at work during the day on the weekdays. I'll keep the server up most of the time incase anything needs to be discussed or anyone needs help with rule sets, character generation or questions. I've been a 3.5 FR fanatic for a long time, so I could probably assist with any questions whether they be pertaining to characters or FR lore, minus anything that Hoglan changes for his story purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by ithildur
    What region of FR is this set in? I'm assuming that FRCS and core FR books such as Players guide to faerun and races of faerun are acceptable, along with regional feats and equipment, as standard for FR campaigns?
    For this initial adventure, there is no particular region.
    I haven't read up on enough of the FR books to accurately pick one.
    If your looking for region types there will be plains, hills, mountains, swamps, islands, and dungeons.

I will dial it in if there is a significant need for it, for the first couple sessions I don't think it will be needed. But I am always ready for PCs to throw a monkey wrench into the works.

Since it's such a well known setting, I think it's a good idea to pick a region so that people can have a sense of story, flow of things in the bigger context. I'd recommend somewhere in the Silver Marches area for example; plenty of dwarves that are harrassed by orc or goblinoid hordes there as well as relatively friendly allies among humans, elves, and other races in the region.

Near Silverymoon?

I really wanted to keep this independant of the atlas, and simply use the races and prestige classes etc. But if everyone wills it that area does seem to work out well. I can make it work regardless, but if you want to go full bore with FR then bear with me as I get familiar with the material again.

Appreciate the input.

I agree on making the FR lore more of a base foundation and less of a "ho hum" kinda thing since there is so much to the FR that is thought out. The Atlas, the polotics, gods, so much history as well. I vote for having a more unified approach.

Silverymoon works quite well with the relaive distance of Mithral Hall as well.
    Last edited by KainVorador; December 21st, 2007 at 22:53.

Doesn't make much sense to choose a campaign setting and then ignore everything about the world. I'm for including the rest of FR as well.

Looks like this campaign is not happening

The campaign is underway. Just filled up rather quickly.
    My apologies if your expectations weren't met.
    I needed to keep it simple.

Keep it simple, stupid.

Thread Information