5E Character Create Playlist

Prone as a Conditional

Playing around with Prone, determined that it doesn't respect conditionals. The following will apply the Prone although the conditional isn't met.
    Code:
    IF: CUSTOM(foobar); Prone
    It appears the check is made in
    Code:
    EffectManager.hasCondition(rSource, "Prone")
    which doesn't do conditionals vs
    Code:
    EffectManager5E.hasEffectCondition(rSource, "Prone")
    Maybe this is intended I just don't know why

Blog Entries
    MOD: Note, I moved this to it's own thread. The bug thread you posted in originally is intended for module/dlc bugs, not ruleset coding questions. You will probably get better visibility with these type of questions/discussion in their own thread

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

What's the use case for this scenario?

Prone is more of an actor "status", than a "condition". (though they're all called conditions in the rules technically). A creature is either Prone or it's not. How can a creature be conditionally Prone?

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

Prone is more of an actor "status", than a "condition". (though they're all called conditions in the rules technically). A creature is either Prone or it's not. How can a creature be conditionally Prone?

JPG
    Couldn't you say this for anything? It either has it or it doesn't. Bonus to attack? It either has it or it doesn't.

Example of this could be a shape changer who change forms might be prone while in a certain form.

JPG
    I don’t have a use case. Someone was asking me effects questions and wanted to do a prone conditional and I thought it peculiar enough to report because it seems to go out of its way to avoid conditionals intentionally or unintentionally is all.

In general, I'd like to revamp this whole system to be a bit more flexible, but it's not on the current work list internally for us.

@MrDDT,
    Yes, but Prone is a special status that reflects a very specific physical position that a creature either is or is not in. Something can't be conditionally Prone; either they are prone or they are not.

@rhagelstrom,
    There are actually a few different effect types that don't support conditionals, or don't support targeted conditionals.

Regards,
    JPG

In general, I'd like to revamp this whole system to be a bit more flexible, but it's not on the current work list internally for us.

@MrDDT,
    Yes, but Prone is a special status that reflects a very specific physical position that a creature either is or is not in. Something can't be conditionally Prone; either they are prone or they are not.

@rhagelstrom,
    There are actually a few different effect types that don't support conditionals, or don't support targeted conditionals.

Regards,
    JPG
    Example of this would be if you are grappled you are also prone, when you are not grappled you are not prone.

Like a snake would not be considered prone while it's able to move around; however, when it's grappled its considered prone.

I can make examples like this all day.

Either you are x or you are not can apply to anything if the above case doesn't work for prone.

How this works is, someone is applying grapple do you, they do not know you go prone when you are grappled, its not normal for that to happen, however, you can then code an effect that checks to see if grappled you are prone, so someone throws grapple on you and boom you are also prone.
    Doesn't all the if statements kinda work like this? Am I missing something special about prone vs other if statements?

IF: poisoned; DISSAV: wisdom

Why would it be different for prone? You either have disadvantage on wisdom saves or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Example of this would be if you are grappled you are also prone, when you are not grappled you are not prone.
    Where are you seeing this? There's nothing in grappled which suggests you are also prone that I can see.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information