DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 32 First ... 2345614 ... Last

This is great. thanks so much for fixing that item naming issue, it was driving me crazy. I gotta say, this is a such a nice and clean ruleset base. i'm nearly done with my build.

OMG, Damned, you are a God! /genuflect

I'd pretty much given up on FG as I just couldn't wrap my head around how to get the home brew rule-set to work in FG.
    I'm sure that I will have many questions in the future. But I won't ask if XCore was an extension of MoreCore as I had also made that assumption given how much work you'd put into MoreCore.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more"

Again, Thank you!
    FG:Classic/Unity Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Are you going to share your project?
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...ark_Places.mod

A Basic Sheet for Dark Places & Demogorgons from Bloat Games. Has all rolls, has a story entry for pc creation rules, a couple of items, and one npc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaserik View Post
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...ark_Places.mod

A Basic Sheet for Dark Places & Demogorgons from Bloat Games. Has all rolls, has a story entry for pc creation rules, a couple of items, and one npc.
    Thats awesome - thank you vegaserik

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nod View Post
    This is great. thanks so much for fixing that item naming issue, it was driving me crazy. I gotta say, this is a such a nice and clean ruleset base. i'm nearly done with my build.
    Once you have it working please do share a sample character sheet!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlemarch View Post
    OMG, Damned, you are a God! /genuflect

I'd pretty much given up on FG as I just couldn't wrap my head around how to get the home brew rule-set to work in FG.
    I'm sure that I will have many questions in the future. But I won't ask if XCore was an extension of MoreCore as I had also made that assumption given how much work you'd put into MoreCore.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more"

Again, Thank you!
    XCore is new and separate to MoreCore
    It contains learns from the MoreCore project but tackled it in a different way.
    XCore doesnt have the same power but is hopefully less intimidating and is easier to get started with.

Possibly over time as more features get added it loses simplicity.
    That would be a shame... life is always a compromise!

The real strength with this ruleset is the power of the character sheet. here is the mod i created for Ben Milton's Knave. It's an OSR game with very simple rules (only 7 pages). I used the Abilities to take care of 3 primary needs in the game. The first box is a rollunder for what Ben calls the Ability Defense, the second is a bonus generated from the Ability, and the third is an Ability Saving Throw that is a rollover. NPCs and Items were pretty straightforward. Weapons needed a little fine tuning, but seem to work very cleanly and fast. The only thing still throwing me off is the lack of a Spells area on the main ruleset. it's nice that it exists on the character sheet though. My next steps are to build a simple adventure to include with version 1.2 as an introduction. I built this in about 6 hours, so that shows you how easy to use it is. i will continue to refine it a bit before i'm completely happy with it.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...3/Knave1.1.mod

hummm... perhaps I need to revisit MoreCore.

< lol, removed comments that started to.. no, sounded like whining, home brew has LOTS of calculations >

I'll see if I can bend XCore to my will, otherwise maybe it's time to try MoreCore with RuleSet Wizard

Again, Thank you for all of your effort!
    FG:Classic/Unity Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlemarch View Post
    hummm... perhaps I need to revisit MoreCore.

< lol, removed comments that started to.. no, sounded like whining, home brew has LOTS of calculations >

I'll see if I can bend XCore to my will, otherwise maybe it's time to try MoreCore with RuleSet Wizard

Again, Thank you for all of your effort!
    MoreCore has been around a lot longer (XCore is 4 days old) and has many features. But it has also evolved over time and needs to maintain compatibility for earlier stuff etc so some things are not as nice as they could be. XCore has the benefit of many learns from MoreCore but not (at least not yet) all of its power.

I would not use Ruleset Wizard with MoreCore. I would just build my own from scratch on top of CoreRPG. You can use the included OGL project or the CoreRPG project to quick start your dev. It will still require a lot of learning how things work - but I wouldnt use RSW to extend MoreCore.

Please detail a couple of the calculations you are struggling with and Ill try and help.

Thread Information