DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 32 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last
    Absolutely loving xcore in playtesting a new system I'm working on. I did have one question that I haven't been able to find an answer for: what is the preferred way to create spells so that they're re-usable?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by atanamar View Post
    Absolutely loving xcore in playtesting a new system I'm working on. I did have one question that I haven't been able to find an answer for: what is the preferred way to create spells so that they're re-usable?
    Thanks!
    I just make them as rolls even if there is no roll associated with them. Then they can be drug to the sheet as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by vegaserik View Post
    I just make them as rolls even if there is no roll associated with them. Then they can be drug to the sheet as needed.
    That had not even occurred to me, thanks so much for the suggestion!

I'm also having problems implementing effects using xcore. I feel like there must be something I'm missing. For example, I'm trying to make an effect that decreases a character's armor class by 2 in the combat tracker. In another system you might be able to use: Flanked; AC:-2. Assuming I'm using n1 as AC as suggested, is there some different way I should go about it? Thanks in advance!

Awesome ruleset!
    I'm having a blast creating the rolls etc for an , soon to be released, unofficial ruleset

I do have one question, can the "CLASS" and "RACE" labels in the character sheet be changed? (I tried to change it with the string from the core ruleset with no success)

Also, I'm guessing that's a bug, the "Language" label in the "notes" section in the character sheet when stretched remains fixed (doesn't follow)

Rejoignez la communauté Francophone de fantasy grounds sur Guilded! https://www.guilded.gg/i/k5aQxwDk

Does XCore support effects that apply modifiers on the combat Tracker? In other words I can put ATK:-2 in an effect, and that effect will modify the character's attack rolls? Or does someone know of an extension that does that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by atanamar View Post
    I'm also having problems implementing effects using xcore. I feel like there must be something I'm missing. For example, I'm trying to make an effect that decreases a character's armor class by 2 in the combat tracker. In another system you might be able to use: Flanked; AC:-2. Assuming I'm using n1 as AC as suggested, is there some different way I should go about it? Thanks in advance!
    Hi atanamar there is no support for effects. It is too hard at least at this stage to build something that is flexible enough to work for enough different mechanics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swissman65 View Post
    Awesome ruleset!
    I'm having a blast creating the rolls etc for an , soon to be released, unofficial ruleset

I do have one question, can the "CLASS" and "RACE" labels in the character sheet be changed? (I tried to change it with the string from the core ruleset with no success)

Also, I'm guessing that's a bug, the "Language" label in the "notes" section in the character sheet when stretched remains fixed (doesn't follow)
    Ive uploaded to Forge an extension that you can duplicate and rename (so I dont overwrite your changes) and then you can change any/all strings.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1389/view

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvgod View Post
    Does XCore support effects that apply modifiers on the combat Tracker? In other words I can put ATK:-2 in an effect, and that effect will modify the character's attack rolls? Or does someone know of an extension that does that?
    Hi Luvgod there is no support for effects. It is too hard at least at this stage to build something that is flexible enough to work for enough different mechanics.

Thread Information