STAR TREK 2d20
Page 20 of 29 First ... 101819202122 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    What happens if you roll 4 Action Dice and 2 Danger Dice with result:
    [1][4][4][6]
    [2][5]
    There are no matching dice. What is the result?

How do i get the Yes But / Yes And / No And / No But results?

The examples in that page are unfortunately very specific and probably not the most likely results with all Danger Dice matching Action Dice.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    What happens if you roll 4 Action Dice and 2 Danger Dice with result:
    [1][4][4][6]
    [2][5]
    There are no matching dice. What is the result?

How do i get the Yes But / Yes And / No And / No But results?

The examples in that page are unfortunately very specific and probably not the most likely results with all Danger Dice matching Action Dice.
    I am sorry I have not provided the appropriate level of detail. Only exact matches between the danger dice and the action dice count. In your example above, since none of the danger dice match any of the action dice, you take the highest remaining action dice as the result. In your example, it would be 6.

[1][4][4][6]
    [2][6]

In the above example, the danger 6 would cancel the action 6, and the highest remaining action dice would be 4.

In terms of the results:

BOON = If you have 2 or more Action dice remaining (after canceling any matching danger dice), and two of them are 6's, you get a Boon (a Critical Success).
    6 = Yes, and... (you succeed and gain some advantage)
    5 = Yes, You Succeed
    4 = Yes, But (you succeed, but with a cost)
    3 = No, But (you fail, or you partially succeed and with a cost)
    2 = No (you fail)
    1 = Not, And... (you fail and things just got much worse)
    BOTCH = If you have no dice left in your Action pool (after canceling matching danger dice) it is equivalent to a 1.

I know you don't want to have to read the whole ruleset, but it is posted free online in case you are interested. It is a fantastic system.
    https://www.perilplanet.com/wp-conte...1-Oct-2020.pdf
    Last edited by kawfeebassie; April 19th, 2023 at 23:39.

Blog Entries
    OK. So my intention with XCore was not to end up writing new dice rollers for every game (MoreCore has 150+ rolls) but rather let you have the ability to at least get the right amount of the right dice to roll and then there may be some adjudication done by GM and/or players. Im going to maintain that plan for now.

However I have added a new roll called order which will sort the dice lowest to highest making comparing dice easier.

One way you might use this for Peril Planet is as per the image below.

[1] is the Action Dice value and the field that the [3] order roll is configured on.
    [2] is the Danger Dice
    [3] is an example roll. I have used d6 for Action Dice and r6 (red dice) for Danger Dice
    [4] is some examples of the output

Some easy variations - you could setup skills and attributes and equipment (anything giving you Action Dice) as mod rolls and then in the [3] roll use getmod to collect the modifier stack and use that to supply Action Dice. This allows everyone to see where the actor got her dice from.

You could have a single field on the main roll and use getn2 (example) to store/access the Danger Dice

xcore-orderresult.jpg

Blog Entries
    Now some other options available to you are:

MoreCore You could start with (im guessing) Stunt Dice script and expand that so you can evaluate the roll out fully.

There is also a rumor that another community member is developing an extension to allow you to register your own rolls in XCore. That is pretty cool - I dont know how far away it is just now but early signs look very promising.

I hope that gives you something to think/work on for now.

Oh, that was very nice of you. I am sorry, I didn’t expect you to add a custom dice roll. Having read through the earlier forum posts and the documentation, I think you are absolutely right to keep that out of XCore and rely on the dice support in the underlying Fantasy Grounds engine. Being new to Fantasy Grounds, intending to use XCore for the character sheet, and your expertise, I had only been hoping that you might steer me towards what was possible in terms of using that custom dice mod, or writing my own custom extension.

Thank you very much for the order function. Ordering the dice presentation as you have demonstrated will certainly improve the user experience.

Blog Entries
    Im so sorry - I thought I had uploaded the new build but hadnt...
    Anyway... I was meant to be on a plane this morning and it got delayed and then cancelled so I wanted to try out your roll.
    I dont know if this is the best way but I read the dice results into a loop and wrote two new tables - one for d6s and one for r6s.
    Anyways... try this extension use the same syntax...
    order #d6+#r6
    The extension works today but as the codebase changes it will possibly break.
    Fingers crossed this other extension might make it to the light of day!
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's working good on my first combat test. Thanks for a great system.

However, I noticed that it kept resetting initiative on the next round. Ouch. I didn't see a way to turn that off in the options. Am I missing something? I know some systems and house rules do reroll initiative every round.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the report DelasGoodfellow

I dont have any Init options built in just yet.
    I will add this to look at but Im not expecting to get to it immediately.

With the dice pool rolls, i love how you can select a Failure and a Success, but is there a way to simply report on both rather than have them cancel each other out?

Blog Entries
    That is part of the FG implementation.
    It could be hand coded but there is nothing in the command line that does that right now.

Thread Information