STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 32 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    is there a way to not let the dice pool go below 0?

Its not a huge deal but in vtm you replace dice with hunger dice. so what I ended up doing is making hunger an attribute and subtracted it from the number of dice and then added them as red dice. the problem is if theres more hunger than total dice pool it goes into the negative and rolls -(total dice pool - hunger)d10. which is very weird.
    it then will subtract any successes from the negative dice rolled from the successes of the red dice pool.
    easiest fix is say to your players if the rolls negative ignore that part.

heres a picture of what is going on the top one is 2 dice rolled with 1 hunger bottom is 1 dice rolled with 2 hunger. ideally bottom would just be 2 hunger dice. but like i said its not a big deal honestly.
    this.png

so the mod is 0 for now just to make my life easier but here's what I'm rolling with. this2.png
    Yes I'm sure there's and easier and smarter way to do this lol.

Blog Entries
    And please explain the mechanic in some more detail.
    This roll is just using the CoreRPG inbuilt dice system so we need to work out how to construct the roll.

so everyone has a hunger stat lets say 2. then you make your dice pool with a skill and attribute like normal lets say it comes out to 4. because you have 2 hunger, 2 of those 4 dice from the pool are hunger dice. its an important distinction because if you crit or crit fail with them then special stuff happens.
    if your dice pool is say 2 and your hunger is 3, then both the dice from the pool are converted to hunger and you still add the 3rd hunger dice.

what I decided to do is subtract hunger level from dice pool and then add hunger level as red dice, this lets you track which dice are hunger for crits.

That works great so long as your hunger dice pool is less than or equal to your regular dice pool once your regular dice pool goes to negative because you're subtracting more hunger than you have pool things get wonky.

Blog Entries
    I dont think there is a pretty solution for this.

One way might be to change the roll to ([a]+[b]+[getmod]-[Hunger|a])d10s6+[Hunger|a]r10s6
    And if the player sees they are too hungry they temporarily put a 1 or 2 in the [b] field

Another way might be to split [Hunger|a]r10s6 onto Hunger and leave the Stats like: ([a]+[getmod]-[Hunger|a])d10s6 and roll each the two separately. If Strength comes up -ive then it gets ignored
    Neither are great options but may work for now...

Honestly just have the players ignore the negative black dice and count successes on the hunger dice. one roll, no messing with stats, teach your players to count.

here's the character sheet template. pretty basic still.
    only things I have to say is:
    the levels of everything goes in the right most box for attributes and skills for them to work.
    click a skill then the attribute you want to use for the check.
    Ignore negative dice in rolls.

I'm gonna put info in for the disciplines and make clans as classes to make character creation a little easier, maybe some tables too, then I'll be back with a module for it I guess. but for now I'm going to bed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information