DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 29 First ... 6141516171826 ... Last
    My turn for a new feature request!

I'm building a character sheet for Infinity 2d20 using this set. I ran into a presentation issue where I need 5 fields for Armor (a through e to represent the varying defense values) and about 4 fields for Weapons (Attack, Base Damage, Rolled combat die damage, and another field to drag in Attribute mods to calculate the actual combat die damage). Any chance you could add the "d" & "e" fields for Items?

As for ThiagoKnox's requests above, ThiagoKnox, I'm using the tracker cells in the lower section for calculating the 8 kinds of damage you can take (yes, 8) but only have a couple showing in the "n" fields that show on the Combat Tracker. See here: Screenshot 2023-03-02 122855.jpg

Pushing my luck today... Another feature request: Can you add a gear/reset to the NPC sheets as well? I'm building NPCs off templates I created so it would help auto-populate the fields when I have to change a value.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    My turn for a new feature request!

I'm building a character sheet for Infinity 2d20 using this set. I ran into a presentation issue where I need 5 fields for Armor (a through e to represent the varying defense values) and about 4 fields for Weapons (Attack, Base Damage, Rolled combat die damage, and another field to drag in Attribute mods to calculate the actual combat die damage). Any chance you could add the "d" & "e" fields for Items?

As for ThiagoKnox's requests above, ThiagoKnox, I'm using the tracker cells in the lower section for calculating the 8 kinds of damage you can take (yes, 8) but only have a couple showing in the "n" fields that show on the Combat Tracker. See here: Screenshot 2023-03-02 122855.jpg
    I do not know if I understand. could be the translation into Portuguese.

does that mean you can roll attack and can choose 8 types of defenses? if yes, how do you do it? my God! If that's what I understand, that's insane!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoKox View Post
    I do not know if I understand. could be the translation into Portuguese.

does that mean you can roll attack and can choose 8 types of defenses? if yes, how do you do it? my God! If that's what I understand, that's insane!!!!
    Essentially yes but the system uses the same basic mechanics for each type of damage. So really you're just using 4 different "HP" trackers with 4 more corresponding "serious injury" trackers. One set for physical health, one for mental health, one for cybernetic/computer health, and then one for bio-chemical health (i.e. poison, radiation, etc). But the means of dealing damage are mechanically the same for each type. The tracking button for each only matters when you get hit in that particular category. But, yes, it requires more GM oversight just because automation can't really cover it all the variables.

Then!
    I'll exemplify what I wanted to say to the damned:

Rolling a physical attack would be -> Attackac (for combat tracker value at n1)

Rolling a magic attack would be -> Attackac (for combat tracker value in n3 - And yes, I know there is no n3. I'm just illustrating for understanding)

Rolling damage with physical damage reduction would be -> damagedr (for combat tracker value in n2)

Rolling damage with magic damage reduction would be -> damagedr (for combat tracker value at n4 - also knowing that there is no n4)

That is, in my system I have two stats to test the accuracy (physical and magical), and two stats to reduce the damage that would be the armor (physical and magical)

Again, sorry for my English, but did you understand what I meant?

Very nice. I messed a little with MoreCore and have to say I love this so far. So much cleaner on the Character Sheet than MoreCore.

What if you wanted to do something like the D&D 5E Proficiency Bonus that sometimes applies to a roll and sometimes doesn't? (Depending on class and choices. In the 5E Fantasy Ground Ruleset, you can just toggle the attribute to indicate proficient.)

Also, any way to do a table lookup of sorts. Say for instance on your Primary Attributes Modifier, it's not quit as simple as [a]-10. (Like in D&D 1E-2E.)

PS: I'm a web developer and working hard to try and learn creating extensions here, but most tutorials feel a bit lacking. I get it, no complaint - it's all free labor of love from the community and time's valuable.

Blog Entries
    In 5E isnt proficiency for Skills?
    In XCore you would need to add the bonus to the roll string. I dont recall in 5E ever toggling it off again - it is primarily a visual reminder that this roll has bonuses right?
    Table lookups are hard coded into elements. They might lookup dynamic data like Attack Bonuses in a Class but the source element doing the rolling has had specific coding written for it. There is some basic lookups in the Class Levelling but due to the generic nature of this ruleset it wont be able to do what you are looking for there.

It's on several things in 5E and every few levels, the proficiency bonus goes up. That's then added to: Saves (which are basically the 6 abilities), Skills, Armor, and Weapons. I think it works a little different on armor and weapons (as it's just a penalty on certain things if you are not proficient). But, correct, it's a star toggle that you click on. But, it does then change the roll strings the rules you use as it then adds that proficiency bonus to the rolls. Normally, you'd only click it on unless you accidentally clicked it on, then you could remove it. Some level ups and special abilities give you extra proficiencies. So, if you have say a skill or the ability save, and clicked that star, then that roll string would consider that proficiency bonus (which probably could be put in that second slot (n2). If the toggle isn't on, it would not add that in. It saves the poor players from having to go figure out those dice rolls if I have it programmed in for them in click and drag items or rolls.

On the lookups, you'd think since it had the ability to do table die rolls and output results, that it'd be a bit easier to just lookup a value and get another value from a table. Functionally, it's the same, lookup a to get b compared to roll a to get b. But, I get it as from what I've seen, you are right that it does seem to be hard coded into elements.

Blog Entries
    I dont think Im following.

There are two types of tables - rollable tables and arrays of data. What are you referring to? Can you give me an example?

I'm not sure if you mean the arrays of text data that isn't used in coding? I was referring to functionality like the rollable tables. I think a lot of things integrate those. But, it's the same general principle to do that sort of functionality that instead of making the roll and spitting out the results, looks up a value and spits out the corresponding value in the table. Excel does that with what it calls a lookup table. Apparently, it's not easy to do in Fantasy Grounds because I don't recall seeing that done in a way similar to the rollable tables.

Instead of rollable table that uses say d4:
    1 - 1 = this value
    2 - 4 = this value

do this - send it a number from some other field (such as Con) and looks up the corresponding value:
    12 = +1 modifier
    13 = +1 modifier
    14 = +2 modifier
    etc...

Thread Information