FG Spreadshirt Swag

How do I apply Occupation skills for Science Specializations? (Call of Cthulhu 7th.)

Hello, I am having problems using one of the Occupations in Call of Cthulhu 7th character creation.

The 3 specialization Science skills that come under Scientist will not apply the Occupation check mark so that I can apply skill points to it properly from the Occupation skill point total (the first column). Since I must make any Occupation Science skills from the insert new Science Skill top menu, I cannot make these skills into Occupation skills, so they can have Occupation skill points put in them.

Otherwise, anyone trying to make a Scientist, cannot make Occupation Science Specialization skills. They would come under Personal Interest Points only.

Assistance would be appreciated, I'm sure I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks

I've moved this thread to the CoC 7e sub-forum. It will get more visibility with the ruleset devs and users here.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey Quixdraw21 watch this video - somewhere around 4mins it shows how you add specializations to your Occupation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhF1pUhy5n0
    Sorry, I mean the specific Science Skills on the Scientist Occupation will not work correctly. Fantasy Grounds 1_11_2023 4_43_35 PM.jpg

The new skills will not associate. I keep trying to click the skills to become Occupation Skills and they wont do it. Also, I am using Pulp Cthulhu if it matters.
    Last edited by Quixdraw21; January 11th, 2023 at 22:22.

Blog Entries
    Hey Quixdraw21 on the unlocked Occupation you need to add your specializations the same way - you add them to the Occupation and that will update your Character sheet.
    This is true for Science, Languages and Fighting.

00.coc.jpg

Hey Quixdraw21 on the unlocked Occupation you need to add your specializations the same way - you add them to the Occupation and that will update your Character sheet.

00.coc.jpg
    Got it! Thanks, I didn't notice the lines below the skills on the right side Occupation Sheet. My bad.

Blog Entries
    I wrote:
    and completely missed a few. I think the full list of skills that have specializations is:

Language
    Survival
    Firearms
    Art/Craft
    Fighting
    Science
    Pilot

I wrote:

and completely missed a few. I think the full list of skills that have specializations is:

Language
    Survival
    Firearms
    Art/Craft
    Fighting
    Science
    Pilot
    No worries, thank you very much for your time and help.

Thread Information