5E Character Create Playlist
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
    To be clear, I used the regex mostly to identify what needed to be changed, and didn't use them as a global replacement. I typically just stepped through with an automatic replacement for easy ones and skipped the ones it wouldn't work for. Then, I searched for the remaining ones, and fixed manually.

To identify outstanding fixes to be made, the regex I used was:
    [^B]\.getChild\(
    (apply once for each function; see below)

To do simple replacement search/replace (using Replace one at a time, not Replace All):
    (node[A-Za-z]*)\.getChild\(
    DB.getChild(\1,
    (apply once for each function; see below)

Functions to check:
    getName
    getValue, getText, setValue,
    getParent, createChild, getChild, getChildren, getChildList, getChildCount, getChildrenGlobal,
    isEmpty,
    getPath, getNodeName, getModule, getType, delete,
    getVersion, getRulesetVersion, updateVersion,
    getHolders, addHolder, removeHolder, removeAllHolders, getOwner, setOwner, isOwner,
    isReadOnly, setStatic, isStatic, setPublic, isPublic,
    isIntact, revert,
    getCategory, setCategory, getChildCategories, updateChildCategory, addChildCategory, removeChildCategory, getDefaultChildCategory, setDefaultChildCategory,

I also migrated all the databasenode handlers to DB.addHandler/DB.removeHandler as well. Plus, the handlers are much cleaner the new way, since you don't have to assign empty functions, and leave them always assigned.

Handlers to check:
    onUpdate, onDelete,
    onChildAdded, onChildDeleted, onChildUpdate,
    onObserverUpdate, onIntegrityChange, onCategoryChange, onChildCategoriesChange,

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; February 15th, 2023 at 16:27.

Any updates on the DB Node Migration experiment? Is this something we should all start doing in our rulesets? I got quite a bit of work ahead of me if so!

No, several other projects are in the queue; so I haven't been able to circle back and do the testing I want to verify whether the changes provide the speed-ups I expect or not.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    No, several other projects are in the queue; so I haven't been able to circle back and do the testing I want to verify whether the changes provide the speed-ups I expect or not.

Regards,
    JPG
    Sounds good, thanks for the update!

Thread Information