DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 28 of 37 First ... 182627282930 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom114 View Post
    Not a bug per se,but my group's having trouble with the LOS placement on a number of walls, especially in mines/dungeons
    In player view, my group's finding that most of the walls (what's drawn on the map) are actually hidden by the LOS, so the edges are just black void.
    This makes it very difficult for the players to tell if the edges are a wall, or a path hidden by a blocking LOS feature.

I don't know if there's an easy way to move all the LOS markers a few pixels back (farther into the walls), I know we can manually move all of the points.

(We've seen it in other modules, but are currently using Candlekeep's Deep and Creeping Darkness)
    Indeed, LoS in earlier modules was drawn right up against the walls on the basis that the wall blocks the line of sight. In later modules after some feedback the Line of Sight is now set back a bit from the walls so that the walls can be 'seen'.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    5E Theme seems to be buggy - see this post on Discord.

https://discord.com/channels/2745828...97172750012517
    Yes, I believe this was already reported. There should be a fix out today I understand.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Indeed, LoS in earlier modules was drawn right up against the walls on the basis that the wall blocks the line of sight. In later modules after some feedback the Line of Sight is now set back a bit from the walls so that the walls can be 'seen'.
    Is there an easy way to fix this after the fact, or will we need to manually reposition each of the LOS points? Is there any plan to go back and update the LOS on the official modules?

Is there an easy way to fix this after the fact, or will we need to manually reposition each of the LOS points? Is there any plan to go back and update the LOS on the official modules?
    The only way would be to redo all the line of sight. I'm disinclined to go back and redo all of the many modules that would require this treatment since it would take weeks to do. You can actually see a small number of pixels through the occluder but in black and white maps like the ones in Candlekeep that's not much use since they are also black.

I took a look at that player map and the LOS is actually drawn well, by hand, with effort to make a minimum number of wall points - and is generally offset back. The problem is the wall edges on that map are solid black which matches the LOS black of unexplored. I suspect that is what WotC gave them.

This is what is making it so hard to differentiate the wall edges from unexplored areas. Basically it's a black and white map using black and white LOS. The problem will only be magnified, if your party is using darkvision instead of a light source.

As it's a map color problem, you can do some things to fix it. The easiest would be to tint the whole map so the floor is not white, ie Sepia it. Unlock the map, click layers, click the PlayersMine.jpg layer, click the Tint box, and change FFFFFFFF to FF80613C. This would make the ground light brown. If they are using lights and lanterns, you're done. If they do use dark vision you can help them on the map by giving them color vision, ie drop: VISION: 60 truesight on them which will give them color vision so the can see the floor color. Having the floor color different will allow them to see the difference between unexplored and walls.

To Smiteworks, I'd suggest you sepia or otherwise tint your black and white maps so they won't blend in so perfectly with the black and white LOS.
    Last edited by Griogre; September 12th, 2023 at 16:14. Reason: English is hard... :p

WotC, D&D Candlekeep Mysteries, Script Errors

I noticed that if you open the module, click on it in the Modules window to populate the links in the right pane then click any of them, ie Encounters, Random Encounters, Images, ect; then try to use the filter at the bottom - the filter works - but you do get script errors:
    Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:ref/scripts/ref_listgroup.lua"]: 44 attempt to index global 'description' (a nil value)

This happens on all the library links. It seems like the filter "assumes" its being called from a popup that has groups, ie a sidebar button.

The list window script error fix will be pushed today with other weekly updates.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post

To Smiteworks, I'd suggest you sepia or otherwise tint your black and white maps so they won't blend in so perfectly with the black and white LOS.
    That's a good idea; which I'll squirrel away.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    As it's a map color problem, you can do some things to fix it. The easiest would be to tint the whole map so the floor is not white, ie Sepia it. Unlock the map, click layers, click the PlayersMine.jpg layer, click the Tint box, and change FFFFFFFF to FF80613C. This would make the ground light brown. If they are using lights and lanterns, you're done.
    Definitely going to try this. Related question, is it possible to tint the FoW instead of (or in addition to) the map image? Or even a texture, like a parchment image pattern for the fog as if the map hasn’t been drawn yet. (Yes I know the latter is incredibly unlikely).

Definitely going to try this. Related question, is it possible to tint the FoW instead of (or in addition to) the map image? Or even a texture, like a parchment image pattern for the fog as if the map hasn’t been drawn yet. (Yes I know the latter is incredibly unlikely).
    No the fog of war colour can't be changed I'm afraid.

Thread Information