DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 37 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last
    Curse of Strahd:
    NPC: Berserker - the description on the Other tab is wrong - it's a mash up of the Berserker text with the Gladiator text. The Berserker in the Monster Manual looks right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    Curse of Strahd:
    NPC: Berserker - the description on the Other tab is wrong - it's a mash up of the Berserker text with the Gladiator text. The Berserker in the Monster Manual looks right.
    Thanks. added to my list.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Princes of the Apocalypse:

The box text in X8 (Halls of the Hunting Axe, Hall of the Fallen) is missing its paragraph break.

The pins for X5 and X6 are swapped in location on the Halls of the Hunting Axe outdoor map.

I posted this in discord a while back, but it is not surprising if that got lost, so I'll put it here as well:
    In the map The Weeping Colossus, the connection between room W5 and W6 is a 30' vertical tunnel, so a character in W5 can't see into the bulk of W6 without traveling through that tunnel. The FG version of the map, however, has no LOS break between the two- while there shouldn't be an outright wall, I feel like one of those open/close-able terrain features on the north end of the tunnel opening would make sense- once any character has gone down the tunnel, it can be opened and yeah, that'll reveal W6 to everyone in W5, but a lot of groups are probably using shared LOS anyway.

Thanks!

Thanks for the report. I'll add it to my list.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

True Polymorph - Errata

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    All of the material I have suggests that the FGU version is the correct one. I can't find any errata to suggest that the spell's description has changed.
    Thanks for looking into this. My original post used D&D Beyond as a reference, and I assumed the difference between the spell in D&D Beyond vs. FGU was due to a missed errata. Many things indicate that the spell should say "If you concentrate on this spell for the full duration, the spell lasts until it is dispelled." instead of "If you concentrate on this spell for the full duration, the transformation becomes permanent."

Jeremy Crawford states "what we did in the errata, is we replaced the word permanent with it lasts until it's dispelled" on Dragon Talk (ref. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWOsPhKNyPk, ref minute 24 to 25:30).
    However, looking through the errata (2015 v1 and v1.1, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021) I agree with you, it's not in there.
    My hardcover PHB, which is 10th printing from 2018, says "If you concentrate on this spell for the full duration, the spell lasts until it is dispelled."
    I still think something is wrong with the version in FGU, it looks outdated, for reasons unknown.

In addition, I noticed something else in FGU which does not line up with errata, and also does not match my 2018 HC:
    Errata says: In the “Creature into Object” subsection (p. 284), the following text is appended to the first sentence: “, as long as the object’s size is no larger than the creature’s size.”
    FG version of spell says: Creature into Object. If you turn a creature into an object, it transforms along with whatever it is wearing and carrying into that form. The creature's statistics become those of the object, and the creature has no memory of time spent in this form, after the spell ends and it returns to its normal form.

Another discrepancy noted in my OP, and now checking in my 2018 hardcover which matches D&D Beyond, the spell says "The spell lasts for the duration" vs. in FGU "The transformation lasts for the duration"

It still appears to me the FGU version of this spell is outdated somehow, maybe an updated version of it came out in an HC vs. the update being stated in errata?
    Last edited by elwhynn; May 21st, 2023 at 19:14.

Ok, I went back and checked the last pdf I have from WotC (from 2018) and it seems that it confirms what you are saying - so I'll amend it to that wording.

Getting a Script execution error: [string "5E:charwiard/scripts/data_charwizard.lua"]:646: attempt to index global 'aCasterClasses' (a nil value) when loading a brand new 5E campaign (CoreRPG ruleset dated is 2023-04-25 and 5E ruleset is dated 2023-05-17) and have the Symbaroum 5E Setting and Symbaroum 5E Theme extensions loaded.CleanShot 2023-05-24 at [email protected]
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkerry View Post
    Getting a Script execution error: [string "5E:charwiard/scripts/data_charwizard.lua"]:646: attempt to index global 'aCasterClasses' (a nil value) when loading a brand new 5E campaign (CoreRPG ruleset dated is 2023-04-25 and 5E ruleset is dated 2023-05-17) and have the Symbaroum 5E Setting and Symbaroum 5E Theme extensions loaded.CleanShot 2023-05-24 at [email protected]
    Okay, I've troubleshot it a bit and narrowed it down to the Symbaroum 5E Setting extension as the culprit. As I'd really like to run the 5E Ruins of Symbaroum stuff and it apparently needs this extension, how do I go about getting this error addressed? Is this the right place to report it or does it need to be reported somewhere else?
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkerry View Post
    Okay, I've troubleshot it a bit and narrowed it down to the Symbaroum 5E Setting extension as the culprit. As I'd really like to run the 5E Ruins of Symbaroum stuff and it apparently needs this extension, how do I go about getting this error addressed? Is this the right place to report it or does it need to be reported somewhere else?
    The bug report thread for that system is; Official Symbaroum Bug Reports Thread (fantasygrounds.com)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information