5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 37 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Ruins of Symbaroum - Free League Press ($90 total for the three modules)

I'm just setting up a campaign and I've noticed a bunch of major bugs:

Corruption Threshold not calculating correctly for Mystics:
    For all other classes, the CT should be ([prof bonus x2] + chr modifier.
    It seems that it is using this for mystics, whic should use the following:
    (prof bonus + spell casting ability modifier) x2

It is also not adding +1 to the threshold for the Student of Magic feature from the Mage's Assistant background.

A short term solution is to allow the threshold to be editable (currently it is not, there is no magnifying glass beside it). But since CT is a major feature of Ruins of Symbaroum magic system, it is something quite broken in this product.

Character creation wizard:

There quite a few items broken or missing from this. (this list is not exhaustive, these are just what I've encountered so far)

1. The Witch Subclass prompts for a specialization (should offer Red, Green or White path), it just lists the subclasses again. Even choosing one doesn't satisfiy the creation wizard and gives a warning mark.

2. Backgrounds do not populate the Inventory screen

3. Only core D&D spells are listed and the amount (6 cantrips and 2 1st level spells) is not correct

Goblin origin - speed:

Listed speed for goblin is 20 in the book, but it adds 30 speed to the character sheet when this origin is selected. (this is a minor one since it can be edited directly

I will keep my eyes open for other bugs. Please prioritise the corruption threshold as it is very important to the game
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

Thanks for the reports. I'll alert the developers.

It is unlikely that you'll be able to create characters using the character wizard. I'm not familiar with this book, but generally anything which strays too far from the official WotC wording and way of doing things is going to fall foul of the Wizard. The same problem happened with Advanced 5e and we took the decision to remove the button for the character wizard with that one so that it avoided confusion. I'll mention this to the developers as well.

I'd suggest that you only use drag and drop for character creation. However if the problems you mention still exist with drag and drop then let me know and I'll pass this on.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; January 23rd, 2023 at 20:43.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I've built the characters using drag and drop. They are fine for the most part (apart from the other points above). I actually tried fixing them by using the wizard, but just discovered other issues

I also just need to make one more post so I have a clean 444 post total on this forum lol

Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980 View Post
    I've built the characters using drag and drop. They are fine for the most part (apart from the other points above). I actually tried fixing them by using the wizard, but just discovered other issues
    So even with drag and drop you still see the errors that you posted above?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    So even with drag and drop you still see the errors that you posted above?
    Yes, in fact I started with drag and drop, tried the wizard after

Kobold Press, Creature Catalog, Vampire Patrician, Actions

The text for "Release the Hounds!" is included at the end of the "Bone-Chilling Gaze" action and should be a separate action.

I have noticed that action names that end with an exclamation point are not parsed correctly by the npc importer - you have to add a period after the exclamation point to import them correctly. Don't know if that was part of the problem.

Thanks I'll alert the developers.

Beastheart and Monstrous Companions:
    I think the Reference Manual is missing the "Quick Build" section and part of the "Multiclassing and the Beastheart" section (the boxed text about Multiclassing Options) that is found in the PDF version (page 26).

Monsters of the Multiverse goliaths no longer calculate carrying capacity correctly. This is because MotM goliaths no longer have the Powerful Build trait; rather they have the Little Giant trait. Can the Little Giant trait be set up to work the same way as Powerful Build?

ETA: Looks like this is already being addressed.
    Last edited by mdrichey; January 29th, 2023 at 06:02.

Thread Information