DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Should resting decrement durations for effects?

I notice that if select "rest for x hours" the durations do not change for effects (i.e. lanterns, torches etc). Also, if you select "hours" or "days" as your duration interval in the effect and then drag it into the combat tracker it shows "0" for duration. Is this a bug or a feature? Am I missing something? It sure would be nice if the durations automatically decremented otherwise you have to convert hours into rounds all the time, not fun.

You are not missing anything. The Combat Tracker only tracks Rounds, not hours/days. So effects won't decrement for anything other than clicking Next Round.

It's a CoreRPG function that affects all layered rulesets.

There is a wishlist item to enhance it, go vote for it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    You are not missing anything. The Combat Tracker only tracks Rounds, not hours/days. So effects won't decrement for anything other than clicking Next Round.

It's a CoreRPG function that affects all layered rulesets.

There is a wishlist item to enhance it, go vote for it here.
    Ok thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by alloowishus View Post
    Ok thanks.
    If you activate the ext Clock Adjuster ext, you'll get the effects decremented once you adjust the passing of time there

Quote Originally Posted by Saramund View Post
    If you activate the ext Clock Adjuster ext, you'll get the effects decremented once you adjust the passing of time there
    I like clock adjuster, but I get errors constantly while using it with RMC (I have messaged the creator but have not received a reply). Also, Clock adjuster does not heal the way resting does. In any case, I ended up hacking the RM ruleset to get the resting to adjust durations.

good to know
    if I'll start getting errors I'll ask for your support if you don't mind

Thread Information