5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last
    dmsguilds new linking with roll 20 makes this likely

One hand I could careless about what happens to companies like Paizo since they basically abandoned the PF1 community. We all have our opinions on why that happened but that's another story for another day. On the other hand I will say if the open licensing WotC is trying to push will likely kill off a large part of the 3rd party content which has been amazing. What I wonder since 4th edition DND looked like it was going to be a virtual game(Or atleast offer features to enhance the game) is do they plan to come after VTT platforms... I assume their end goal is get a big slice of the pie here.

Agreed. With this going on, I am looking for other options.
    Ultimate License Holder

When the site comes back up! New irrevocable Open RPG Creative License (ORC).

https://paizo.com/community/blog/v57...RPG-License#26

Blog Entries
    I imagine there will be about 30 of these within the year
    Hopefully everyone can organise themselves and create one main one...

Paizo just slammed WotC in this latest post.

From Paizo's release today:

We believe that any interpretation that the OGL 1.0 or 1.0(a) were intended to be revocable or able to be deauthorized is incorrect, and with good reason.

We were there.
    @damned - There are a lot of fine folks in this roster (also from Paizo's release). This might be the new banner.

The new Open RPG Creative License will be built system agnostic for independent game publishers under the legal guidance of Azora Law, an intellectual property law firm that represents Paizo and several other game publishers. Paizo will pay for this legal work. We invite game publishers worldwide to join us in support of this system-agnostic license that allows all games to provide their own unique open rules reference documents that open up their individual game systems to the world. To join the effort and provide feedback on the drafts of this license, please sign up by using this form.

In addition to Paizo, Kobold Press, Chaosium, Green Ronin, Legendary Games, Rogue Genius Games, and a growing list of publishers have already agreed to participate in the Open RPG Creative License, and in the coming days we hope and expect to add substantially to this group.

Looking at Paizo statement I wish we could have gotten a little more detail how it would protect the PF1/PF2 and SF content and other 3rd party providers from the WOTC OGL. I am sure this is going to lead into a lawsuit which it did sound like Paizo is willing to take the brunt of.

The respective copyright owners can choose to re-release their materials under a new license (ORC). Problem solved.

Thread Information