DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 13 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. This is currently the intended behavior. Natural Selection only checks for tokens that are on the combat tracker. This is primarily to improve performance in the case that maps have lots of non-CT tokens, but I can add a game option toggle to also check overlap against tokens that aren't on the combat tracker.
    I see, yeah. That's my primary use case I think. Usually when there's been overlaps that are a pain, it's been because of a AoE spell token

Do people put a lot of tokens on their maps? I generally use brushes for movable objects and the like for prep (you can use a token as a brush).

Spell tokens are good for getting them out there quick during gameplay (brushes have a few more steps, add layers, etc. Bit more finicky, but they work for if the player wants to move some furniture around in my experience...like to block a door

Would say spell tokens is going to be a large area and used by a few people here in the forums. Spell tokens are used by players as well as gms.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Would say spell tokens is going to be a large area and used by a few people here in the forums. Spell tokens are used by players as well as gms.
    Depending on how you getting your spell tokens, they are not useable by default by players, it requires an ext for that. Using B9 Spell tokens, there is no conflict with NS and B9 ST.

I've not tested with CAE (Rob2e's one), if you are just putting tokens on the map as a GM, I can see how that can cause issues, however, the GM is not normally the one with issues selecting the tokens under something as they can move the token around to get to what they need.

I would say if you are pulling tokens in and using those in FGU, you might want to look into B9 Spell Tokens on the FORGE to use that. It works really well and no issues with NS.

The issue comes in that if NS is to support it the other way, it can cause issues for people not using tokens in this way having the NS window to select pop up and have issues.

I think its an effect of you can't make it work for everyone. So if you not using B9 and use you use tokens from assets, you might want to just move the token off the location to access the stuff under it. Like you would normally do.
    One issue with not using an ext to help with spell tokens and just using assets is the layering on which one you will see. Again highly suggest getting B9 spell tokens for this as it helps greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I think its an effect of you can't make it work for everyone. So if you not using B9 and use you use tokens from assets, you might want to just move the token off the location to access the stuff under it. Like you would normally do.
    One issue with not using an ext to help with spell tokens and just using assets is the layering on which one you will see. Again highly suggest getting B9 spell tokens for this as it helps greatly.
    I think I could solve this issue for everyone involved by adding a game option that enables NS to work when selecting tokens that aren't on the combat tracker. The default is that things will stay exactly as they are now for most folks, but anyone that uses spell effect tokens can enable the game option and have the ability to select spell tokens with NS.

With this feature I'll see if I can add a way to push a token to the bottom of the stack so people can place spell effects behind everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    I think I could solve this issue for everyone involved by adding a game option that enables NS to work when selecting tokens that aren't on the combat tracker. The default is that things will stay exactly as they are now for most folks, but anyone that uses spell effect tokens can enable the game option and have the ability to select spell tokens with NS.

With this feature I'll see if I can add a way to push a token to the bottom of the stack so people can place spell effects behind everything else.
    Nice, you do great work!

New version - v1.7.0

New feature: Right-clicking on a token in the selector popup window will bring up a radial menu that has an option to send the token to the bottom of the stack. Doing this might adjust the order of the other tokens in the stack.

New game option: Added a game option that, when enabled, will allow tokens that aren't on the combat tracker to be selected through the selector popup window.

Saagel what is the most recent forge update because it is not the one i have is 1.5.2
    and even after deleting the extension it refuses to download any newer version from the forge.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimil508 View Post
    Saagel what is the most recent forge update because it is not the one i have is 1.5.2
    and even after deleting the extension it refuses to download any newer version from the forge.
    1.7.0, which you almost certainly have. I forgot to update the version number displayed in chat when you load in. I'll get it fixed shortly.

Thread Information